Diablo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo Forum

Living in sin is the new thing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Artist's Canvas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DeltaMod

DeltaMod

The Artist's Canvas Empty
PostSubject: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 pm

It was the sort of day that the sun and clouds were fighting with each other for dominance. The clouds drifted lazily across the sky, blocking out the sun on occasion as the newest Intern leader sat in the grass out behind the house. It was a cool day, in the upper 70s with just enough breeze blowing to cause the grass to continue to wave softly. Noah watched the grass swaying as on his lap was a pad of paper and his hand was moving across the pad almost as if he had no control over it. He was simply drawing for the sake of drawing, not even looking at what he was doing. On the paper, even though he wasn't looking at the drawing, was an elegant butterfly. When he finished it, he looked at it and gave a very soft, but sad smile as he pulled the butterfly off the page and let it fly around the grassy area. He set down his pad of paper just to watch the pencil outline flutter around, his smile never once fading.

The boy leaned back, breathing a sigh of contentment as he watched. The butterfly always gave him peace in a way. It reminded him of his parents, and it was the most common thing the artist drew. He found that he could focus better while watching it and that it helped him to see things more clearly. At the moment, he was trying to figure out why he had been tapped as the new leader. In fact, after a moment of just watching the butterfly, he found that he was already frowning again. Out of everyone they had picked him and, while he was beyond honored, he also couldn't help but feel like he hadn't earned it. What was it about him that made him a good candidate? He took a deep breath, watching the butterfly to the exception of anything else as he tried to simply figure it out.
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:35 pm

It was a beautiful day out and Cresil couldn't pass up the opportunity to enjoy it! The deadly sin loved her life being able to live in the open instead of secluded in a run down church or shack of a house. She was too outgoing to be cooped up like that. So instead she was sitting on the roof of the Intern house with her skeldrake perched beside her, resting her elbow against his bony snout when she noticed a butterfly fluttering around near the ground below. She leaned forward a little more and caught a glimpse of Noah.

The demon smiled mischievously to herself, stroked the skeldrake's head in a petting motion before she got up and moved to the edge of the roof and peered over to watch the newest Intern leader sitting there. He looked like he was thinking hard about something, lost in his own mind and thought for a second to leave him alone but then realized there was no fun in that!

Cresil twirled her fingers and rotated her wrist as fire began to stir between her moving digits then appearing at her fingertips when she joined them all together. Acting as if the fire were liquid she flicked her fingers in Noah's direction and broke the fire up enough in the impact that it showered sparks down around him. If they hit him it would only give the tiniest singe feeling like when a fire sparked and a piece hit your hand.

She then proceeded to roll away from the edge of the roof so if he were to look up he wouldn't be able to see her. Envy stayed perfectly still, stifling the little giggles that were coming to her.
Back to top Go down
DeltaMod

DeltaMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:14 am

When Noah felt the sparks his his head and hand, he winced a little bit and shook his hand out, looking up to see... mostly a whole lot of nothing. He furrowed his brow deeply as he tried to figure out exactly what had caused the burning sensation, but decided after a few seconds to let it go. He let his gaze drift back down to the grass for several long seconds before he reached for his pad and pencil again, moving on as though nothing had happened before he reached down and simply continued to draw again.
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:03 am

When Noah started to write on his pad of paper, another small spark came floating down and caught on the corner of the page and began to quickly singe the page up, curling and turning yellows and browns from the heat. Cresil watched and realized that she accidentally lit his paper and hopped down from the roof gracefully with very little sound and instantly sat down since she landed right beside Noah. "You look busy." She commented and smiled at him, her eyes moving to look at the paper and then back at him pretending she didn't really notice.

"What are you going to draw next? I saw the butterfly." Cresil was the friendly type and she didn't even hesitate but leaned into Noah and tried to see what he was beginning to sketch while absentmindedly playing with the single chain link that hung on a necklace around her neck as a reminder to her best friend who she lost. "Can you make anything come to life or is it just butterflies?" She teased him and nudged him a bit.

The demon stretched her legs out in front of her and slipped off her shoes so she could feel the grass between her toes and giggled a little bit. "It's such a nice day out isn't it? It's not too cold the temperature seems just right."

The Artist's Canvas Cresilsig
Back to top Go down
DeltaMod

DeltaMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:32 pm

When Noah's sketchpad ignited, he actually jumped up, yanking the flaming sheet up off the rest and throwing it aside. A second later, Cresil was sitting next to him and he couldn't deny that he had a fairly sneaky suspicion of her. "Hi," he said in his soft voice as he looked down at a blank page once again. "I'm not really busy, more just... thinking," he replied before he looked over at her finally and gave a soft but friendly looking smile.

"I can animate almost anything. Sometimes, I can even animate things I didn't draw. Like that painting in the hall of the waterfall? If I get emotional about something, I can even start flooding the hall with that." He gave a relaxed simple sort of shrug. "I'm not too worried about it. I usually have a pretty good handle on my emotions." He looked back down at the paper and started to draw out a small kitten. He finished in about a minute or two. It looked preliminary, but at the same time, it was still a very good drawing. He pulled the cat up off the paper and let it sit on the grass, where it animated and caught sight of the butterfly, starting to chase it around a little. "I really like days like this, where you can just sit and think?" he commented before turning his gaze away from the little show for a moment. "What about you? What are you doing out here? Just came for a little walk?" he asked in a teasing voice, not letting on that he guessed the other leader was responsible for the fireball.
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:12 am

"That's adorable." Cresil said watching the kitty chasing the butterfly thinking that was the last thing she'd ever draw. But then again she wasn't Noah and turned to look back at him and grinned at him politely. "So how are you liking your new responsibility? Are you getting the hang of it yet?" The sin asked him curiously and slid her feet through the grass, wiggling her toes and feeling the blades tickling the space between her toes and giggled a little bit.

"It's always an experience that's for sure. I mean sheesh I went from trying to kill you guys to joining you guys. Isn't that some transformation, huh?!" Cresil said with a big smile on her face and nudged Noah playfully with her elbow.

Back to top Go down
DeltaMod

DeltaMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:34 am

Noah shrugged a little bit as he looked back out across the landscape. "It's different. I mean, like... I used to have to listen to everything, and now I'm the one everyone's listening too. It's a lot of pressure." He looked down towards the grass, picking up a small piece to just play with it between his fingers. "I want to do well. I guess that's probably the best idea, since the alternative would be bad." He let out a light chuckle and looked back over at Cresil. "Yeah, I remember those days. A lot's changed since then. It's easier to be us, you know, someone different or weird. But, even with that, there's more expectations. That's why I still keep it as much a secret as I can. I don't need everyone who want's something drawn out for them coming to me for help."

He let out a small laugh and looked over towards the grass down the hill where he had tossed the burning piece of paper. "Didn't I put that fire out?" he asked, more to himself than to her, his brown furrowing deeply.
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:14 am

"You'll be fine. I didn't mind taking orders when I had to. Only when I didn't like the orders I had did I have a problem and it became serious." Cresil told Noah still playing with her toes in the grass liking the way it felt. "It's tough at first because you're suddenly the one responsible for everyone else. You need to think about them and make sure they're safe if you go out on a mission or trying to rule on what's best for the house. It can be a lot to take on sometimes but since everyone works so well together and everyone feels like a family it makes the whole experience much more worth your while."

The demon looked over towards the piece of paper and she snapped her fingers, a small flame hovering over her fingertips. She tossed it towards the paper and the corners began to curl up and it went up into the air and crackled a bit. "That should get rid of it!" She giggled.

Back to top Go down
DeltaMod

DeltaMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Noah took a deep breath and looked down at the grass himself for a few seconds, a light smile curving on the side of his face furthest from the demon. "Yeah, we do run pretty well, don't we?" he asked with a chuckle and looked over towards Cresil. Behind him, the stream of smoke that had been rising a moment ago got much thicker. "And we still have a little time for some fun and games while we're at it." A rumble could be heard from just below the ridge line before a loud whoosh spread up from down below. A moment later, a medium sized dragon rose up from the field, only... it wasn't an average looking dragon. It was a paper dragon, sketched out, but something was definately peculiar about the creature: Smoke rose up from the entire length of his paper body, flames licking at the dragon's paper flesh. It rose up and flapped a couple of times as Noah's smirk grew a little bit. "It rained down red fire from above," the boy explained softly. "With Nix gone, that means it had to be you." He looked back over at his flaming paper dragon with a smirk. "Care to have a dragon battle? Yours and mine?" he offered, a light tease in his voice, even as his creation glared at Cresil, almost daring her to not accept.
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Cresil was smiling at the newest Intern Leader and nodded. "This house runs almost as well as me, Abby and Iffy used to." She teased knowing that the three of them made quite a team. Of course that was when they were still on the same side as Damian. Once they became emotional it all started to come apart at the seams since they had to be much more careful. Still, she missed the old team. "The good thing about it is you don't have a bunch of amateurs running around where you have to tell them what to do constantly. "It was like that with Teagan and Loki around. Loki and I got along well enough but he'd always get distracted with shiny new things. Teagan was just a handful and I don't know how she ever became a sin. She wasn't hot enough to be lustful." She said and then had to laugh a little at her words knowing it was true. "The sins that were released after us were definitely a different breed that's for sure!"

The sin watched the paper dragon rising up and she let the smirk play on her lips a little. She was always up for a good challenge. "You sure you want to do that?" She asked and then realized that the drawing was only just that; a drawing that had come to life. But if it died it wouldn't do any harm so she got up to her feet and looked up towards the roof before letting out a whistle. "Skelly!" She called out to the dragon and the giant beasts' bone wings could be seen as it leapt off the roof of the house and landed across from the paper dragon, black smoke blowing out of its' nostrils. "Bring it." The demon said with a glimmer of mischief in her voice.
Back to top Go down
DeltaMod

DeltaMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Noah's grin grew just a little bit as he nodded towards his paper dragon. He was connected to it, and he knew that he was going to feel whatever Cresil's dragon threw at him, but he had to get used to it, especially as a leader; he knew that, at times at least, he would have to actually join the fight. He stayed where he was sitting almost as though he was a spectator in this fight. The dragon, in the meanwhile, lept up into the air, his wings unfurled as he breathed a blast of Cresil's fire back at the skeldrake. "Thanks for that," Noah teased, nudging the sin next to him. "It sort of adds to his power that you roasted him." The paper dragon then turned and made for a bank of clouds, using them to conceal his sketched out frame, moving through them with hardly the sound of paper rustling in the wind while the artist remained where he was, eyes focused on the skeleton, sending emotional signals to his art that was almost like a second set of eyes to help the dragon find the best place to hide, waiting to spring an ambush if he could.
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:36 pm

The skeldrake put its weight on its hind legs and arched its back before it pushed off the ground and went soaring through the air. Cresil clapped her hands and hopped up and down in place. "Woo! Go Skelly!" She cheered and then moved closer to Noah and smiled at him. It was going to be like a little show to watch them fight. She could only control the skeldrake so much it was still a beast in itself. "Well now skelly is going to roast him." She teased the artist and looked up to the sky to see the boned dragon still picking up speed trying to get high enough to get to the clouds, seeking out the paper dragon with both curiosity and hostility.

Back to top Go down
DeltaMod

DeltaMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:42 pm

The paper dragon soared up under the clouds, letting Noah's eyes guide him back towards the skeleton. When Cresil's dragon started to approach, he folded his wings tight against his side and threw himself downward out of the air while blowing a long blast of fire out of his snout at the drake.

Noah continued to sit and watch the fight above them. There was a small smile on his face at how well his dragon was doing, at least to start with. It was of course going to be more difficult as time went on, but a good start nonetheless. "Maybe so, but it looks like he's in for a roasting of his own," he teased as the blast of fire shot out, lighting up the sky.
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Cresil had her head tilted back so she could watch the dragons that were up in the sky zipping around in the clouds. When the paper dragon shot out a blast of fire she watched as Skelly was set on fire. The dragon looked like a giant firework gone bad and zigzagged through the air trying to get enough speed to put the fire out which it started to do. When it did he opened his mouth and let out a long roar and a stream of fire shot at the paper dragon.

"This is definitely an interesting fight! Go Skelly go!" She giggled and looked over at Noah, taking a glance down at his paper. "Are you going to draw anything else today?" She asked wondering if he was planning on being sneaky and cheating. She knew he had a prankster side and she wasn't about to give him the benefit of the doubt that was for sure!
Back to top Go down
DeltaMod

DeltaMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Noah watched the display high in the sky with mild amusement on his face, though he tried to hide his discomfort when the blast of fire ignited his paper dragon. The dragon let out a massive roar, even as his entire body was in flames. It wouldn't last forever and Noah both knew it and also knew that he'd feel every pain his creation had. The fantastical creation turned for the skelleton and breathed out a burst of flame before lashing out at it, tangling up with the skell drake and biting at his neck, both dragons completely in flame.

Noah glanced over at Cresil with a little smirk. "I know better than to show you everything I have on the first spar," he teased, not about to say if he was going to throw anything else in, though, it would be difficult to surprise the demon, both with her ability to read his mind, but also because he would have to, well, draw it out, and it wasn't exactly an instantaneous process.
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Cresil watched the entertainment, not thinking anything of it except that it was just that; amusement for the two Interns to enjoy! Skelly could take care of himself and she knew that and didn't have to tell him what to do unless he was doing something she didn't like. Like leaving droppings in the neighbor's yard. She didn't know HOW he did it considering he was a skeleton but she'd seen it with her very own eyes! And right now her eyes were looking up at the battle in the sky, both of the dragons engulfed in a ball of flames it was really a magical sight!

The demon turned to look at Noah, giggling happily at the little show and then winking at him playfully. "Of course you do. I wouldn't put it past you. Especially since you were picked to be a leader, I'd expect more out of you than that." She leaned towards him and nudged his shoulder with her own, leaning back on the heels of her hands so she could look up without straining her head. Sure, she could read Noah's mind as the thoughts flowed but Cresil wasn't a big fan of invading people's privacy like that. She preferred to hear them speak their thoughts than to find out on her own. It was something she'd always wanted when she was with Damian, and she figured she should grant that to others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Artist's Canvas   The Artist's Canvas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Artist's Canvas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Diablo Forum :: CHOOSE YOUR WORLD :: Las Vegas Forum-
Jump to: