Diablo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo Forum

Living in sin is the new thing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Significant Item

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

A Significant Item Empty
PostSubject: A Significant Item   A Significant Item I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:46 pm

" Now that we have experience on alternating small items, all of them ranging from changing shapes, density, colors and even some of you actually changing the original property to something else." Peyton called out in a patient tone, he had a grin on his face as he exchanged looks from student to student. " I'm sure you have noticed that with every transformation we use a very special tool in front of us. In front of your desk is whats properly known as a transmutation circle. This, will be your key ingredient to alchemy. It is very much possible to practice alchemy without the circle if your an experience alchemist. It took me a very long time to perfect it but you must understand that the circle in front of you helps convert the simplest of thought to something much more complicated. Eventually, through time you will learn to think like an alchemist."

Professor Peyton cleared his throat and made his way behind his desk, he opened one of his cabinets and pulled out a necklace with a pendent on it. " When I started I couldn't very well draw the transmutation circle everywhere I went. You can see the details on your desk, it wasn't very convenient when I needed it for time sensitive situations. So What I did, was bring the symbol with me. Now we'll need to continue on using our practice circles in class but after this term you'll be able to do minor Alchemy out of these doors. "

----- Homework. Due 1- 16 -----------

" The pendent I chose was dear to me, it belonged to my mother. It has a significant purpose and with that it empowered it with my own spiritual belief. Alchemy is more than just science, it is faith.. and it magic. Who ever says that religion and science can never be the same will never be an alchemist." Peyton lectured and placed his pendent down on his desk. " I asked that everyone of you bring one particular item that has meaning to you. The item you chose will be your source of power. you will need it if you ever decide to use alchemy."

" Who would like to start us off? What Item did you bring, and why is it important to you?"

Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

A Significant Item Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Significant Item   A Significant Item I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 am

Shane was one of the first to step forward and held up a bracelet to show the others before he set it down in front of Peyton. "This here, is very dear to me. I've had it since I was a young boy and I add to it as I go. This here.." He pointed towards a bead that was red with a blue dot on it. "Evan made this bracelet originally and only used a single bead." He chuckled. "He was quite frugal with those beads. Then this one.." He pointed to a beer bottle cap. "Eric managed to get this stuck in the windshield of my truck once. Each item on this bracelet has some sort of sentimental value to me and I don't find that I will ever be able to part with it." He always wore it and rarely ever took it off if he could help it. He was very sentimental when it came to things like that.( +1 Enlightenment point. edited by: Foxtrot )
Back to top Go down
DeltaMod

DeltaMod

A Significant Item Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Significant Item   A Significant Item I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Cyle stood up and looked down at his hand. Slowly, he pulled off the ring that was on his right hand. "This ring was originally Ben's first intern ring," he said quietly, licking his lips softly as he considered the ring. "He gave it to me soon after I got here, and I gave him my necklace." The boy looked up and around the room. "It represents everything that's meant something to me since I got here; Ben and this team." The young mage licked his lips. "Even though he gave me another ring later for our engagement..." his gaze moved to his left hand momentarily, "This one was the first and has more of my spirit in it." Cyle looked up and nodded. "This is the object I choose." ( +1 Enlightenment point. Edited by: Foxtrot )
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

A Significant Item Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Significant Item   A Significant Item I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 3:53 am

Anjali hesitated before deciding to show her object. She wasn't sure how the others would view it, and they probably wouldn't understand it. That was fine, she didn't fully understand what it was either, but it was significant to her and her culture. She stood and pulled the chain from her pocket, the amulet swaying on the end. On the amulet was a symbol that was distinctly Indian looking. "This is an Aum." She explained, pointing to the symbol on the amulet. "It's a sound, really. It's supposed to be the sound o the universe." Or so she'd been told. Her shoulders rolled in a gentle shrug as she stared down at the old piece of jewelry. "When I was young I had mentor who had taught me how to use my swords; how to call them, how to fight with them, how to control them... when I was fourteen he gave this to me and told me my training with him was over. It was something to remember him by, something his own mentor had given to him." Her thumb went over the amulet. She hadn't seen the man since and she knew she must have been important to have received such a gift, but she'd never asked why. With a sad sort of smile she awkwardly sat back down. ( +1 Enlightenment point. Edited by: Foxtrot )
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

A Significant Item Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Significant Item   A Significant Item I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:52 am

Lexy got to her feet next and smiled happily, looking a little embarrassed but not enough to not share. She pulled her keys out of her purse which jingled when her keys clinked against one another on the keyring. "Okay, I guess its my turn." She picked a key chain out of the mix which was a little silver stiletto shoe on its own keyring connected to the main keyring and held it up to show everyone. "For anyone who knows me, they know how much I love shoes. Well.. my mama back when she was still alive got me this for my birthday one year." Lexy couldn't help but smile at it with sadness in her eyes. "It was one of those things I always cherished and makes me feel like I've got a little piece of her with me all the time. So.. this is it." She said, holding it up once more to show before taking her seat again.( + 1 Enlightenment point. Edited by: Foxtrot )
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

A Significant Item Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Significant Item   A Significant Item I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:44 pm

"That's cute!" Jo whispered to Lexy when she sat down. Jo had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to bring. There were a handful of things she possessed that were truly meaningful to her for different reasons. The original key to Sunshines, the birthstone necklace Devyn got her, the charm necklace Kit had given her, the hair clip she'd stolen from her mother when she was a little girl... They were all sentimental, all things she kept close to her or on her most of the time, but it wasn't what she chose. She lifted the bracelet she'd received for Christmas, showing the group. "I chose this." She said softly, not wanting to go much into detail. "A very close friend gave it to me for Christmas." She knew Devyn would probably recognize the gift was from Silvia, but she was pretty sure the rest wouldn't have a clue. She looked over at Devyn, his necklace laying there on her chest. "I had a hard time picking what I would use, I have a lot of things I wanted to choose but this just sorta spoke to me." Her fingers curled around the bracelet as she stared down at it. Finally she nodded before sitting down. ( +1 Enlightenment point. Edtied by: Foxtrot )
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

A Significant Item Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Significant Item   A Significant Item I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:35 am

Schroeder waited patiently for his turn and when the last student sat down he got up from his seat with a small item. " The item that I chose for today's topic is actually an item I received not too long ago. It was hard trying to find just one since I have alot of things that I received that means alot to me but.. " He cleared his voice and showed a badge that he was awarded from in boy scouts. " This is my communication badge, I earned it when I wrote a report and spoke it out to the public about superior rights; If I didn't write that report I probably wouldn't even be here right now. " The boy offered a soft smile towards Dev, knowing that it was him who gave the copy to Professor Peyton and was very greatful. " Though I have many in my collection, this one stands out the most since it was the key to unlocking a whole new life for me. This is the item that I choose." ( +1 Enlightenment Point. Edited by: Foxtrot )
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

A Significant Item Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Significant Item   A Significant Item I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:03 am

Keith was grinning from ear to ear the whole time, it was interesting seeing what people brought for the next exercise and even more interesting with the reasons behind it! When it was his turn the boy got up without hesitation and bounced on the ball of his feet for a moment. He was excited about sharing the item he brought since it really did mean a lot to him!

" Hi Everyone!" The boy greeted and offered a wave to the class. " Golly, everyone brought the neatest things! Well, I brought something that I really do cherish. Actually, I almost lost it once but thanks to Evan and Dev " He chuckled and waved to the mimic. " Hi Dev! ~ ahem, well thanks to them they brought it back! This used to belong to my dad."

The boy held up a pocket watch, it was still in great condition and it even worked still! " It tells time and everything! ...which, is what pocket watches usually do but, its really old. But I try really really hard to keep the condition good and I even changed out the batteries myself! My dad said that it was lucky.. and you know what? I used to think luck was just superstition, but now that I think about it.. it really IS lucky! you wanna know why? Cause If I weren't lucky, I wouldnt be in this room right now with everyone here learning neat things like Alchemy! Not to mention I got to meet new friends, like my friend Schroeder! Hi Schroeder!" Keith had a wide grin the whole time and carefully placed his pocket watch back onto the table.

" The gears are kinda slow in it, so every other day I have to adjust it just a few minutes but it's still good. Hopefully, when I get better in Alchemy I can fix it! " With that he sat back down and looked over to the next student who was going to speak up. ( +1 Enlightenment point. Edited by: Foxtrot )
Back to top Go down
DeltaMod

DeltaMod

A Significant Item Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Significant Item   A Significant Item I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:00 am

Dev watched as everyone presented their items. What surprised him was certainly a coincidence, but he knew where, well, many of the objects came from. Keith's, Schroeder's, Jo's... It was interesting to see how connected he was to everyone. In a way it made him feel good; this wasn't exactly something that he was used to back in Montreal. When it was his turn, he stood up and pulled out his keyring. Most everything on there looked normal... A single regular key to his house back in Montreal, his keycard for the house and his room, the electronic key to his car, a membership card to GameStop... and a very elegant, decorated skeleton key adorned in blue. This was the key that he held up, letting everything else drop on the keyring. "This..." he started out, holding the key up for everyone to see. "Was given to me a couple months ago by a close friend of mine. Inside, it actually holds one of the members of my family, my friend, Denali," the mimic explained quietly. He had debated whether or not to use Denali's key at all, but it actually made sense, both in a sentimental way, as well as in a practical sense, because he always had the key with him. "Denali and I are... connected, which means that as long as this key is his home, there's always a part of me in it, which makes it ideal for what we're looking to accomplish here, if I understood you correctly, maitre," he bowed his head towards Peyton, calling him 'master' in French and certain that the man would know what it meant and the respect it carried. "I know it looks simple, but to me, this key is the second most important object in the world." The first, of course, being on the third finger of his left hand signifying his engagement. (+1 Enlightenment point. Edited by: Foxtrot )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Significant Item Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Significant Item   A Significant Item I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Significant Item
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Diablo Forum :: The Practice of Alchemy :: Class is in Session-
Jump to: