Diablo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo Forum

Living in sin is the new thing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect Empty
PostSubject: Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect   Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:45 pm

" all of us are stepping even closer and closer to understanding this ancient practice." Peyton admitted with a light hearted smile. " Like all sciences, we had to start the process by understanding the basic concepts. Alchemy itself is very broad, in fact theres several different branches. I'd like to see exactly what kind of Alchemy you would be categorized in by the sciences your particulary interested in."

------------- Homework Due 03-20-11 --------------------

" Please tell me what modern day science your interested in. Why are you interested in it? What is it about the science that you really enjoy and find fascinating?"

Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect   Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Lexy, although she wasn't stupid, science was never an interesting major for her. She never could grasp the general study or how it worked. However, when it came to modern science she knew that could be more in her area of expertise. "It can be any kind of modern science, no matter how big or small, right?" The female asked and figured she might as well just submit her answer right now. Not like anyone would laugh at her.. she hoped. "Oh God, okay! Uhm.." Then it clicked! "They use science in what I'm going to school for! Cosmetology uses science.. Like make up colors! Or even hair dyes.. trying to find which chemicals would stick the colors to your hair to keep it there longer and safer on your hair without damaging it." She licked her lips. "Okay, its totally stupid but I pretty much flunked science when I was in high school? So.. yeah I'm done now." Lexy sat back down, her cheeks turning deep red in embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect   Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Anjali had an answer the second the professor finished speaking, but she was a little bashful about raising her hand. The answer she had was nerdy and one she was almost certain no student had heard of before, maybe even the professor. Well, maybe the professor...

After Lexy spoke she grew the courage to raise her own hand, though she stayed low in her seat. "Ecohydrology." She said a littler nervously, not wanting to get funny looks. "It's sort of what I'm studying now. It's the study between water and ecosystems, and my major is Environmental Engineering, so ecohydrology plays a huge part and right now it's what I find most fascinating because we're learning about the hydrologic cycle, and in a desert like Las Vegas..." She had started to get a little excited as she spoke which instantly made her self conscious. "...It's just really neat."
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect   Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Shane listened to the others before he decided to tell about his own interest. "I've always found genetic mutation to be an intriguing topic of science. Taking a person's genes and altering them has always been fascinating." He cleared his throat, clearly ready to explain why this was so fascinating to him. "I believe that is what happens to my brothers and myself. Our genes mutate changing our attributes, taking our physical appearance and altering it. I was always so curious to learn more." He explained with a closed lip smile.
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect   Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 2:42 am

Jo was very unsure when it came to Alchemy class. She never knew if she was doing things right or not, and today was no exception. She didn't really like science. She was never good at it and never cared much for it. Jo was a creative thinker; Math, science, logic... they all went over her head, but ask for to write poetry or create something out of practically nothing and she was your girl!! That, she decided, was probably the only thing keeping her really afloat in professor Peyton's class.

"Osmosis." She offered after raising her hand. "It... has to do with science." She offered a little bashfully. "My entire livelihood is sort of based around osmosis since I run a tea shop. I don't really care for science, and honestly osmosis doesn't exactly interest me, but... without it I wouldn't have a tea shop, and I have to use it when making some of my toiletries as well, so, I guess I'm sort of interested in it because I'd be nothing without it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect   Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Science and Religion ~ Science Aspect
Page 1 of 1