Diablo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo Forum

Living in sin is the new thing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  Empty
PostSubject: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:53 am

-color limited-

" OH COME ON!" Dale honked his horn of his old car, his brows deeply furrowed at the idiot who blocked the lane by trying to sneak through the red light. Since traffic was backed up, people tried to ease their way into passing the next light. It was irritating! The filipino let out a deep groan before slouching in his seat and moved to rub the side of his temple. " ..people I swear. "

Once the traffic cleared he finally drove through and turned to the parking lot where Anjalis restaurant was located. He parked in his normal spot towards the corner, there was a small palm tree there that provided shade and often times they just sat on his hood during lunch.

Things were starting to get awkward at work though, sure he had a choice of what he wanted to do during lunch but Dale lied most of the time to his boss since he couldnt very well tell him he spent his lunch with his daughter! At first it bothered him, why did he have to hide his life? Anjali was able to land him the job with her dad, so it was possible that Mr. K would fire him at the thought of possibly courting his daughter. The thing that was killing him was that he WASNT courting her, hell he didnt even know what they were! The only thing he was able to safely assume was that they were close friends.

Dale made his way out of his car and eyed the to go bag of chinese food he got both of them, they had hawaiian yesterday so he made sure to change it up to keep things interesting.

He panned his gaze towards the familiar building and stuffed his keys into his pocket before entering the double doors where he would be greeted by the dreaded host! From her perspective, they were an ex couple. Which was funny since Dale didnt recall the fact that they were official to begin with. As always, he came in as the music came to an ending and the dancers were just finishing up on stage. When he saw Anjali finishing to a pose, he caught her gaze and offered a meak smile.

It was time for lunch.

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 pm

As typical, Anjali spent the majority of her shift ignoring glares from the hostess. As far as she knew, Kelly had no idea Nikhil was her brother, and as far as she knew, Nik was trying desperately to get out of the relationship by breaking Kelly's heart, only it wasn't in her brother to be cruel like that, even to a psychotic stalker. In the end, he was still stuck with her and it was up to Anjali to figure a way out for him.

All this weighed on her mind as she danced, catching the glances occasionally from the people enjoying their meals. She even got a girl to get up and dance with her. Oddly enough, she liked it best when the customers would let loose and dance with her. It broke up the monotony of the shift, as well as created a little fun, and even generated a tip or two.

Dark eyes continued to glance towards the door, waiting for Dale, wondering if he would come. She looked forward to his lunch dates, seeing him, just talking or if nothing else enjoying his company. At times it grew awkward, though. Anjali wanted to be more with him, she wanted to be his girlfriend, but she knew her parents would freak, and furthermore she wasn't really convinced that Dale saw her that way. Some days it was the only thing on her mind, making it hard to talk to him, other days the conversation was light and playful and it was easy to put her awkward feelings on the back burner so she could enjoy the time with her best friend.

The girl saw the door open out of the corner of her eye as the music stopped. Her heart fluttered in her chest and she grinned brightly in Dale's direction, holding a finger up to indicate she would be there in just a minute. She practically skipped to the back and threw a shirt on, leaving the skirt she was wearing in place, and came back out, scooping her hair in her hand and twirling it over her shoulder to keep it off of her neck. "What's for lunch?" She asked, looping her arm through his as she tugged him towards the door. "I'm starving!"
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:29 am

- color limited-

" Hey, actually.. I was going to say that I was sorry for being late. Late start on the show?" Dale asked with a curious tone as he started to lead her out of the restaurant. He made sure to keep his eyes on Anjali, through his peripheral vision he could already see Kelly giving both of them the evil eye. In a way it kind of made Dale slightly uncomfortable, but he wasn't going to stop seeing Anjali for lunch because of a relationship that didn't work out.

" I figured, Chinese today. It kinda works out cause I like rice.. you like rice, hey why not get a rice bowl?" Dale teased and moved to bump her hip with his playfully. He chuckled afterwards and opened the door for his friend to let her out first, as he did he peaked over towards Kelly who was still watching them like a vulture. Well since he was caught looking, he offered a friendly wave before following Anjali out.

" Jesus " He snorted and shook his head. " Kelly just gave me the bird, talk about bitter. I dont even know what I did that was that bad!"

Once the two were outside he lead the way towards his car and quickly unlocked his door to reach in for the bag, he also got a blanket and moved to spread it on his hood before moving to help Anjali up to sit on so she wouldnt struggle by lifting her up by the hips.

" annnd of course, an oriental meal wouldnt be complete without." He reached into the bag and pulled out cheap wooden utensils that you could get in any to go asian places. " Chopsticks"

Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  Dalesig
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:01 am

She shrugged as they moved out of the establishment. "It didn't really start late, you just got lucky and came when the performance was little longer. Besides, you're not really -that- late." Or so she thought. Anji hadn't even seen what time it was, but it didn't matter. Meal time with Dale was regulated since he usually had to run back to her fathers store afterward, so he rarely took more time than necessary.

"Rice is good." She agreed playfully, seeing him look back, knowing exactly who he was looking at. Anjali couldn't help feel that flutter of jealousy in her stomach. She didn't want Dale looking at her, talking to her, being anywhere near her. What was wrong with her? She thought about it for a second, realizing it wasn't something wrong with her, but the viper inside. In the end Kelly got what was coming to her; she lost Dale because Dale was far better than she was. A pile of dog shit was better than she was..

"You broke up with her." She reminded as they went to the car. "That's enough to make any psycho hate someone as awesome as you. Don't worry about it, she's plenty busy torturing my brother, she's just bitter because someone else is going to get all of your attention." She smirked at Dale and allowed him to help her onto the car, knowing she didn't need his aid, but liking feeling just a little helpless in his hands. It made her feel dainty, like the girl she came off looking like, though she was much stronger than normal girls of her stature.

The Indian took the chopsticks and dug into the bag of food, pulling out the bowls and handing one to Dale. "So, there's no new girls in your life I don't know about yet, are there?" She asked, looking over and raising a brow at him. "Because I don't need anyone else getting all jealous about me hanging around you. I like sleeping over, you have a comfy bed." She took a bite of her lunch and let out a soft, content "Mmm."

"Speaking of which, there's a Japanese monster movie marathon this weekend on Spike and I'm not sure any of my friends at the house would appreciate their terribleness like you. You game?" She asked hopefully, wanting an excuse to spend most of the weekend with him, snuggled close, laughing at Godzilla and Mothra demolishing Tokyo while dubbing over the words with their own amusing commentary.
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:23 pm

- color limited -

"funny you would mention that actually.." Dale started and moved to sit on the hood of his car with his best friend. When Anjali handed him his own bowl he moved to take the plastic cap off and took a wiff of his teryaki beef. He stomach was longing for it actually, he hadnt eaten all day since he had to come into work early to help with inventory again. Sure he was able to sneak a couple snacks during his shift but it wasnt enough to really fulfill his stomach.

" Well.. I figured after Kelly uhm.. " The young mans brows furrowed, he was trying to find the right words without surprising Anjali. " I decided to maybe, try and look ..you know?" He cleared his throat and allowed his dark eyes to lower to his food, almost nervous to look over at his friends reaction. He had tried in the past with Anjali that he wanted more. They had conversations about how her parents wouldnt approve it and he even tried to counter it with his own beliefs but she was stubborn. In a way, he liked that she was so strong willed but knew it was close to impossible to break her. He even recalled kissing her in the bathroom, but she obviously turned him down. The evening was awkward for a moment but Dale was able to push it aside.

" Trust me, they will know your one of my closest friends and theres nothing going on. "

He finally peaked over and offered a meak smile. " Her names Brit, we uh.. just started talking actually. Nothing happened yet, I want her to actually meet you first. Maybe you'll be able to profile her and see if shes not psycho like Kelly."
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Brit? Her head snapped in his direction due to the information, staring emotionlessly at him with a bit of food in her mouth. He was seeing someone? And he just told her?

Anjali couldn't help but feel not only a little jealous, but bitter. Realizing she was just staring at him she turned away towards her lunch, swallowing the bite in her mouth. Of course Dale was seeing someone. Dale was always going to be seeing someone and it was never going to be her. He was her best friend, he didn't see her that way, and she couldn't date him anyway. Why the heck did she even care?

"Yeah... yeah, sure. Totally." She agreed, her brows furrowed as she nodded and then forced a quick smile at him. "I mean, what's the chances you get two psycho's in a row?" Her heart sank and she pushed her food around with her chopsticks, letting the sauce cover all the rice she wasn't much in the mood to eat now.

'Calm down!' She told herself mentally. 'He's like your brother!' Only he wasn't and she knew it. "So... uh, when did you want to hang out?" She asked trying not to sound nearly as disheartened as she felt. "Yah know, with Brit..." It would be a disaster. A complete, total, disaster. Brit would hate her, Anjali would hate her in return, and Dale would end up having to choose sides, so Anjali would have no choice but to pretend to like her if she wanted to see her friend at all. She didn't like the thought of sharing him, especially with some other girl. Girls were nothing but drama.
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:57 pm

-color limited-

" really?" He glanced back at Anjali and cocked a single brow, apart of him was curious if she was jelous that he mentioned it. In a way, it was important to him since Anjali was in fact his close friend. " I mean, cool. Uhh well like I said we're just talking right now. Theres no actual date or anything I just wanted to bring it up."

Dale cleared his voice and took a couple bite of his food before placing the bowl next to him and allownig his eyes to look out to the traffic in front of them since they were literally sitting in a parking lot together.

" I'm not looking for anything serious. " Dale added and rolled his shoulders. " I just figured it would be nice to uhm.. " There was no way for him to admit it without sounding like a pig. Sure he loved his times with Anjali, but since they were friends he wasnt able to get perks. Dale couldnt help but categorize it as cruel and unusual, Anjalis shared a bed with him.. they snuggled together but all in all he still couldnt get friendly.

" ~ so when was the movie monster marathon? I'm down for that. " The boy completely changed the subject and peaked over to look at Anjali again. He felt awkward talking about the sex life he didnt have, especially with the girl he wish he had it with.
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:06 am

"Yeah...sure, of course.." She swallowed hard and again did her best to try and look optimistic, though she knew it would be terrible. Why couldn't she just like someone else? Why couldn't she have liked some Indian guy? Anjali sighed and let the silence between them take over as they watched the traffic.

Her attention was pulled back as he admitted he wasn't looking for anything serious. "Nice to what?" She asked, ignoring his question about the movie marathon. Nice to have a girlfriend? Nice to have someone to kiss? Nice to have someone else to have lunch dates with? She felt defensive, though he had given her no reason to.

"What...what if you, like, found someone you really liked. Like...if she was someone you got along with, and..." She gulped, her cheeks flushing as she sighed once more. It was an odd conversation. "I mean, you could hang out with her all the time, and she liked all the same stuff as you, and would go running and stuff with you... would you think about getting serious with a girl like that? Or... I mean, you just want... well, just, uhm..." Anjali cleared her throat, peaking over at him with furrowed brows, "What would make you get serious?"

Again that defensive type feeling took over and she suddenly straightened up a little. "Because, I was thinking of finding a boyfriend, too." She lied. It was the last thing on her mind, but she didn't want to seem like she wasn't interested in dating anyone at all. "Yeah." She nodded, "I think maybe I'll date, too. Nothing serious.."
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:48 pm

- color limited-

"Since when!?" He absent mindedly spat out before realizing how much of a tool he sound. " erm, I mean.. since when?" Dale asked one more, this time his tone much more softer and patient then before. He kept his eyes on his best friend while the traffic continued on its way in front of them.

" Your not thinking of Haroon are you? Cause, cause that would be .. perfect" Dale admitted with a forced smile, while inside he was starting to boil. In a way he wondered if he was getting a taste of his own medicine. Why all of a sudden did Anjali wanted to start dating other guys? other guys that werent him? " well just remember, you need to mention how we roll." He chuckled lightly and pointed to her and then to himself. " Even if we do start dating, we were always friends first. "

Dale peaked over to his food and picked a single beef strip before popping it in his mouth and chewing it. " ..and yeah i suppose if someone was outgoing like me.. and ran with me and got I got along with them great. That and them being sane, there could be a potential on being serious. Only thing is, its rare for that to happen..." He pursed his lips and peaked over to look at Anjali. " I mean, besides you. Seems like your the only one who can keep up with me." Dale nudged and looked over to eye the traffic once more.

" So your future boyfriend.." Dale started, knowing he had to make this clear. " what do you picture him as? Tall, dark and handsome?" And INDIAN? He thought to himself. The new guy BETTER be indian, if he wasnt he was going to flip.
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:26 pm

She jumped at how forceful he asked, her brows raising curiously. Since when? 'Since about 30 seconds' she thought to herself. "I dunno... I mean, you're dating... maybe I should, too."

She listened to him continue on about the whole dating thing, his words making her heart beat a little too hard. "We start dating?" The way he said it made her cheeks flush, realizing he hadn't meant them dating each other, just them both dating. "Yeah... uh, well... yeah, not Haroon. Uhm.. well I was thinking of someone else anyway. I don't know." She added more softly, which wasn't a total lie. She -was- thinking of someone, Dale just didn't know it was him. "But yeah, we were friends first, I know you'll totally tell me if I'm with a jerk." She forced a smile.

The fact he wasn't looking for something serious made her a little happy. It meant.... no. It probably didn't mean she would date him. She couldn't! Could she? Even if she could, he probably saw her as a friend only. Sure, they'd kissed... a few times... Her fingers moved over her lips at the memory as he began asking about her future guy.

"Honestly?" She said, giving him a hard look, "I picture him a lot like you." Anjali sighed and looked at her food. "Maybe a little more romantic, but someone I could talk to about everything and someone who liked all the same stuff as me. Someone who liked rice." Her smile genuinely brightened and she peered back up at him. "Dark and hansom would be nice." She teased, "But I don't mind if he's a little short." The girl took another bite and nudged Dale gently.

Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  Anjalisig
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:50 am

- Color Limited -

" Alot like me huh?" Dales gave a polite chuckle but his smile faded slightly before he moved to put this attention back to the traffic. He stared at it for a moment before reaching for his food and quietly eating it. That would be great if she found a guy like himself, one that was accepted through hers and her families eyes. It hurt actually, but the young man was willing to take it. Anjalis done so much for him already, if he were to just completely stop he would show how much of a friend he really was. He wouldnt do that though, especially not to her. Dale cared for her too much in fact maybe too caring was his problem.

" So monster movie marthon?" He peaked over after a minute or so and allowed a smile to come back. " Bring the popcorn, I'll bring the nachos and cheese with jalapenos on the side. Not sure if you really like that, but it gives it a kick. You know when I was a kid I always pretended I was kicking card board buildings down, back then the graphics were amazing. " Dale joked, opressing his feelings back to where they should be.

Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  Dalesig

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:36 am

Nothing. He gave her nothing. Of course he did, Dale didn't like her. She let out a very soft, defeated sigh and looked down at her food. She tried to remind herself that she couldn't be with him even if she wanted to, anyway. And furthermore, he was seeing someone AND wasn't looking for anything serious. She had no appetite left and stared at the cars with him, unsure where to bring the conversation next. Maybe this was why he wasn't into her; she was boring.

His words brought her back to reality and she forced a half hearted smile in his direction, just imagining little Dale terrorizing a city of cardboard. It was a semi amusing thought. "The graphics haven't been awesome since the 50's, Dale." She teased and let out a soft laugh.

"But, yeah. I'll bring the popcorn. The more jalapenos the better." She put the lid on her food and slid off the cars hood, turning to face him. "Thanks for lunch." She told him softly, meeting his eyes. "I should probably get back in there. Besides, you're gonna be late, and dad hates when anyone's late." Anjali licked her lips and leaned in, pecking Dales cheek, a gesture she didn't often do. "I'll stop by for the movies tomorrow." She promised, taking a step back. "I'll be over after lunch, the marathon starts at 3 and I'll visit my parents first." She turned towards the restaurant, heavy hearted, and started her way back. At the doors she turned and waved at Dale, wishing things were different.

--------------end--------------

Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  Anjalisig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )    Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry I'm late ( Dale, Anjali )
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Diablo Forum :: CHOOSE YOUR WORLD :: Las Vegas Forum-
Jump to: