Diablo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo Forum

Living in sin is the new thing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:03 am

-Color Limited-

'Hang in there, man! I'll get you!' Topher was dangling from the side of a cliff, nothing but sharp rocks underneath him to catch him if he fell and he knew he was going to fall to his death! Josh was telling him to be calm. 'Keep holding on don't let go!' Josh told him again trying to get closer to his brother. Topher was holding on as tight as he could and looking up at Josh screaming with panic and even though he was holding on and his knuckles were white he was slipping! He wasn't strong enough! He could only use one arm to hold himself up for some reason his other arm couldn't move! "Josh get me! Help me! Come on!!" He shouted with fear in his eyes and watching his brother getting closer. Just as his brother was close enough to reach down to grab his hand Topher lost his grip and began to free fall through the air. "JOSH!!" He fell slowly which was weird, one arm couldn't move and the other was flailing trying to find something to grab hold of. As he fell he heard Olivia's voice calling out his name, hearing her sweet voice in his head 'please please please' she was begging.. why was she begging? Topher finally crashed into the rocks and felt a sharp pain in his chest and his arm.

Topher gasped and then cried out in pain, waking from his drugged up slumber to feel real pain and noticed the cat on top of him. "Get off!" He barked at it with frustration and drowsiness and then turned his head, reaching to hold his injured arm and noticed Olivia looking back at him. "...Liv.. you're up! Are you okay? How are you feeling?" He didn't know how long he'd been out and he couldn't see clearly just yet since everything was still foggy but he knew it was Olivia. "How long have we been out?" He asked her and tried to move but felt the numbing pain getting more real by the second and just laid there like a vegetable. "..ughh."

Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] Tophersig

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:26 am

When his eyes opened, she jumped, surprised and grateful, trying desperately to control the wetness in her eyes. If Hank came in and saw she'd cried the gig would be up. Heck, if Topher didn't shut his trap, Hank would come in and the gig would be up! She reached over and did her best, despite the pain in her entire body, to throw a hand over his mouth. "Shh!" She hissed softly.

The girl turned her head a little, listening to the still air. No sounds could be heard from outside; had Hank heard Topher? Was he coming back? A dark shadow seemed to loom closer to the screen door and Olivia stared in fear. "Pretend to sleep!" She told him in a sharp whisper as she rolled back into her spot, her eyes shut as she forced herself to breath evenly.

The screen door creaked open and Hank walked in, eying the two kids as they slumbered. Maybe the boy had another nightmare. For the most part he seemed calm, but he did talk in his sleep a bit. Convinced they were fine he went back to his chores, the old screen door clanking shut as he walked back to his wood pile, continuing to chop.

Once Olivia heard the chopping wood she knew it was safe. "Topher.." She called out nervously, wanting desperately to crawl into his bed and curl up safely in his arms. She felt so vulnerable laying there shattered and alone. "Topher, listen to me." Her tone was one of mild hysteria, wavering with fear and emotion as she caught his glance. "I don't know how but we have to get out of here. My legs broken. That...that guy keeps drugging us, he's making us sleep, I don't even know how long its been, but it has to be days, my hairs getting gross! Like...like I haven't showered in day!!" She reached for him, putting her hand in his broken one simply for an inch of comfort. "We have to get out of here. Topher, they're killers. They...they do terrible, terrible things.."
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Topher was still trying to figure out where they were when Olivia told him to act like he was sleeping. He was going to question her but he heard the creaking of a screen door and decided maybe it was best to just listen to what she was saying. He shut his eyes and that's pretty much all he had to do since he was lying there listlessly to begin with it wasn't that hard to look like he was sleeping. When the screen door creaked and shut once more he slowly opened his eyes peeking over and seeing that nobody was there. His vision was coming back in more clear the longer he was awake although he still felt a bit drowsy like he could go back to sleep again comfortably.

The boy turned his head to look at Olivia and was trying to understand what she was trying to tell him but it didn't make any sense. He could see she was scared but she was probably still half asleep or just in shock. "Liv.. Liv relax." He said quietly trying to calm her down since he couldn't get up he had to try and comfort her with his words. "What are you talking about? They're trying to help us I. Maybe you just had a bad dream or something." He shook his head a little bit, his brows furrowing in concern for his girlfriend.

"We can't go anywhere I can't even move my legs. Did you have a bad dream?" How would she even know if they were killers or not? He'd only met the man but he said he had a wife so he knew there were two of them taking care of them. If they wanted to kill them then why would they try to fix them up first? Although he did feel a little gross himself like he needed a shower badly and lifted his head a bit to look down at his body and could catch a whiff of his odor then put his head back down on the cot and let out a noise of disgust. "Ugh. Yeah I think it has been a few days."

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Of course he didn't believe her. Why should he? What physical proof did she have? According to the cat there was plenty of proof right there in the house. Her eyes moved to a small shallow hallway with two doors that were shut. That one on the right had all the evidence she would need to prove to him that this was not a safe place, not for any living creature. Even the cat was scared. The "trophy" room.

She shook her head, looking back at the bruised and broken boy. "It wasn't a dream." She told him slowly, her voice still wavering, being on the verge of tears. "They...they're not helping us, they just want our skin to heal." Olivia licked her dry lips, knowing how crazy she was about to sound, and how hard it was going to be to convince Topher that what she said was true. Who knew how long they had to talk?

"Look.." She said slowly, her eyes moving to the mantle of the fireplace where a stuffed chipmunk stood. "Look at the tail. That's not a chipmunk tail, that's a squirrels tail." sure enough, a fluffy tail stood high from the back of the chipmunk. At first it was hard to catch, but when you really looked, it was obvious that the tail didn't belong to the animal that wore it, if you knew what either looked like.

"Listen to me.." She begged, gulping. "They stuff animals. They hunt animals and they stuff them...and they mix up their parts. They're..." the wood stopped chopping and Olivia looked at the door, terror filling her. Had Hank heard her? Was she being too loud? "Topher, they do it to people, they stuff 'em and mix up their parts! They want our skin to heal, I swear! I swear it's true, please! We have to get out of here!" The panic was evident in her eyes and she desperately tried to get every last warning out before the door creaked once more.

"Yer up!" Hank called out, masking his anger and dread at seeing them conversing. "Ya'll hungry?"

Olivia laid their like a deer in the headlights, terrified to even move, terrified to do anything but shake there in the cot. Her eyes finally shut, a tear slipping out of the corner and trickling down her cheek, knowing if she didn't eat he'd force her to take the drugs again. Her eyes opened up, looking pleadingly to Topher. Couldn't he save them?
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Topher was listening to everything Olivia said hanging on every word making sure he was hearing her right and then looked over towards the stuffed chipmunk on the mantle and his eyes moved to the tail and noticed it was bushy and long instead of stubby and pointy the wait a chipmunk's was and thought that was a little strange but it wasn't basis enough for what she was saying. He turned his head to look at Liv again and it was clear he still wasn't sure she didn't just have a dream. "Liv that's.. that's really strange. I mean the guy is obviously a taxidermist. It's creepy, sure but I don't think he's going to do what you're saying he's going to do."

The boy heard the door opening again and he turned his attention over towards Hank before glancing back at Olivia again. He could tell she was terrified and it sucked that he couldn't move or do anything to help her but doubting her probably wasn't going to get them anywhere. He didn't believe her but he also wanted to make sure she was going to be okay and wanted to calm her down so when Hank asked if they were hungry he offered a grin to the burly man. "Hey, man." He said casually trying to move a little, grunting and struggling but it was evident he wasn't going anywhere. "What's going on?"

Topher was looking around and his eyes fell on the stuffed chipmunk again and his imagination went to thinking of a person cut up and stuffed with other limbs than what they originally had and it made his stomach churn a bit. He shot his attention back to Hank again and kept smiling at him. "Actually, I'm not all that hungry." He lied since he was starving. He didn't know how long it had been since the last time he had eaten something. "But is there a way I could use your shower? Its starting to get kinda gross laying here in my own stink, you know what I mean?" He laughed lightly. "I was just telling Liv here I can see the grease rolling off her hair." He eyed Olivia with a 'just go with it' kind of look in his eyes trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. He didn't want any trouble but all he could do is hope Olivia was just having crazy nightmares.

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:34 pm

She felt her entire being slip into a deep depression. The only person she could trust in who knew how many miles thought she was lying, or just crazy. How could blame him? The story didn't seem believable to even her, but she believed it. Animal's didn't understand the concept of lying. She felther world crash around her as Topher communicated with Hank like they were old buddies, even going so far as to put her down. Olivia frowned sadly realizing suddenly that somehow she was the only one who would be able to get them out of this. Somehow, she had to save them.

"Not too much, not too much." He moved closer to Topher, putting a strong hand on his shoulder and pushing him down into the cot. "Rest, boy. You don't need to be strugglin' round. Will only hurtcha." His gaze moved to the young girl, seeing how uncomfortable she was with the situation. "Poor things been gettin' nightmares." He said softly to Topher as if Olivia couldn't hear them at all, not wanting the boy to read into anything she may have said. He didn't need the stronger of the pair trying to fight them off, too.

"Ya'll too weak to stand up. We'd likely end up hurtin' yah, but we could sponge yah down. The wife could clean up your lady friend there."

"The hospital can take better care of us." Olivia insisted in a soft voice, standing up to the burly man a little. "Why won't you bring us? Why won't you call them? We shouldn't be here, I need to call my family, I need them to know I'm here." There was an edge of panic to her voice. "Topher, too. Please.. please we just want to go home, please let us go home!" Tears pooled in her eyes again more strongly than before. She pushed herself up a little using her good arm, her elbow throbbing from the strain. "I'm well enough to go!"

Hank felt himself getting annoyed with her again. "Told you, we got no phone's here. Don't know where them cell phones you had went, neither. You try moving to the truck, someone's gonna get hurt." He grabbed her shoulders lightly and forced her back down, trying not to use too much force in front of the boy. "You ain't ever gonna heal if you keep wigglin' around, girly." There was a sharp look in his eyes as he bore down on her with them. "We don't wanna hurtcha, alright?"

"I know what you do." She told him softly, in a scared, threatening voice.

He snorted, "You don't know nothin'." There was humor on his face, but his eyes were mildly fearful. She knew. "You had a bad dream. We ain't bad folk. Sure, the misses get's a bit cranky now an' then, but life out here ain't always easy. what you thinkin' is justa figment of yer 'magination."

Olivia only shook her head, looking away from him and at the wall, not wanting to see either men in the room. If only she could get up!

Convinced she was settled, Hank moved from her side. "How 'bout something to drink. You kids seem like you could use a stiff drink." He laughed. "Might help with the pain. Got hot chocolate even, an coffee." He offered, wanting to get more drugs in them before Loretta found out they were both up, conversing. She didn't like dealing with them 'plotting'; it made life more difficult. "There's chicken too. Sure you ain't hungry?"

Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] Oliviasignature[/url]

Last edited by NovemberMod on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:33 am

Topher watched Olivia and could see the sheer terror in her eyes and it made him uncomfortable. "Liv.. Liv just relax, alright? It's going to be okay you were just having a bad dream." He gave her a stern look hoping she would settle down but it was clear that she wasn't. He knew there was nothing he could do to calm her down but he was hoping he'd be able to at least get up somehow and look around to see if it really was just a bad dream or if she was telling the truth. Either way he felt awful seeing her so scared.

When Hank moved towards Olivia he cleared his throat a bit. "You know what, I just don't feel comfortable having someone else cleaning me. I have a good hand if you just brought in a bucket and some rags and soap? I could probably sit up and I could clean us both up." He grunted a bit trying to rock back and forth to shift his weight to his good arm and try to sit up. He was definitely having difficulty though. "I just really want to get cleaned up."

Topher was starving and could definitely use something to drink but he was starting to pick up on the fact that every time he ate or drank anything he seemed to fall asleep for days on end. "..some chocolate milk would be nice." He nodded, just wanting Hank to leave the room for a bit so he could talk to Olivia and try to calm her down. He wanted to tell her to accept a drink and just not drink it.

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:52 am

Hank wasn't comfortable with Topher cleaning himself up, but if he dominated the kid too much, he would give him trouble. He needed to keep up the guise that the girl was crazy, because the more she spoke, the more convinced the boy might become. He had to play it nice, play it cool. "Can't really condone yah washing the lady up. Don't see no wedding bands on yah." He smirked. "I could put a sheet up for yahs, you can wash separate." He suggested, not needing them talking privately. Loretta was going to be pissed, and she was going to intervene if he didn't get a solid grasp on the situation. 'You're too soft!' She would bark, and he would know she was right. He was soft, but he loved his wife, and he was fascinated with her hobby.

Defeated, Olivia laid there, unsure what she could even do with herself. It was inevitable; they were going to get drugged and who knew if she would wake up again? Who knew if she would ever see her family again? The thought depressed her further. She wouldn't ever get married, ever have a baby, graduate school, see her brothers and sisters grow up. She would never get to do any of the wonderful things life offered. Instead, she would be no different than the dead chipmunk on the mantle; a piece of a collection to be admired. The thought brought a fresh wave of tears and she raised her better arm to wipe the tears away. Why didn't Topher believe her? Why was he insisting she was dreaming?

Hank looked over at the girl and then the boy. Finally he nodded and moved away. "Be right back." He promised, moving towards the kitchen to make the kids chocolate milk.

The girl silently began to pray as she had every time she was awake enough to, and this time a sound made her heart flutter in the hopes of an answered prayer. Above the woods, the distinct sound of a helicopter passed overhead. Maybe...they weren't as far from civilization as she feared!

Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] Oliviasignature
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 7:52 am

"Come on, man. We've been pretty serious for a while we don't need a piece of jewelry to show our love." Topher said casually, not wanting anyone male OR female touching Olivia. If he could get up he'd probably throw her over his shoulder and make a mad dash for it right then and there but he couldn't. Whether Olivia was telling the truth or not there wasn't much he could do except TRY to sweet talk a way into getting out of that room. "And these bandages are getting itchy if we don't get cleaned up we might get some kind of infection." He explained and then listened to Hank say he was going to go get them something to drink and nodded. "Thank you. We really appreciate your hospitality you're taking such good care of us." He then waited, listening in silence for the man to leave and as soon as he did he turned his attention over towards Olivia.

"Okay, Liv.. I need you to calm down." He could see her lips moving and he knew she was probably praying for some kind of help. Then he could hear the sound of a chopper and knew that even if there was an off chance it was a rescue helicopter there was no way they'd be found in that cabin. But the noise might be enough to drown out the sound of their voices from Hank who wasn't very far from them. "Olivia, look at me!" Topher said in a whisper but his voice was firm to show he was serious. "I don't know if you were having a nightmare or not but I can see you're scared. So I need you to just take a deep breath for me alright? I'm going to try and think of a way out of here I can't stand seeing you like this.. when he comes back don't - I repeat do not - drink whatever he gives you. Spill some of it if you have to so it looks a little empty, but just pretend to drink it. That way you won't go to sleep again and we can lay here pretending we're asleep so if he says anything we'll hear." He instructed staying as quiet as he possibly could but making sure she could still hear him.

Topher looked over towards the chipmunk again and thought about what Olivia told him about what they did to humans once more and shuddered at the thought. If only he could move his legs! He knew it sounded ridiculous what he was about to say but he wanted Olivia calm and safe. "You said they want our skin healed? Because in taxidermy you don't want any marks, right? Well the longer it takes the more time we'll have." Topher didn't know what the hell to believe but if these people were dangerous then he wanted to make sure he was devising a plan in his head for their escape.

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:53 pm

She shuttered at the thought of anyone else washing her down, and though she didn't want Topher cleaning her either, exactly for the reason Hank had said, it was a better alternative than anyone she didn't know. Plus, despite their history and current circumstance, she -did- trust Topher, even if he didn't trust her, and knew if nothing else he would treat her kindly and with compassion. She knew Topher cared for her, it was apparent in everything he'd done, even going so far as to attend a Christian family function that would almost definitely bore him to tears.

She heard Topher tell her to calm down, but ignored him. Was he really going to try and talk her out of the truth again? He didn't know the truth! She did! It wasn't until his voice grew firm that her sad, red shot eyes turned on him. She took a deep breath as instructed, and listened to his devised plan. He didn't believe her, but he would humor her it seemed. She didn't have it in her to fight with him, grateful that at least her own urgency in the matter was enough to get his attention and make him want to act.

The chopper sound moved away overhead, but Olivia stayed focused on Topher. Finally, she nodded in his direction, too upset to talk or try and add on to the plan, or fight what he said. It sounded like a good plan, but Hank would watch them eat or drink. He never let them out of their sight when they were awake, it wasn't until Olivia pretended to be asleep that she could hear him elsewhere.

Hank returned with a glass of chocolate milk, glad they still had some of that chocolate powder in the back. He looked between the two, knowing he would clean them both up as soon as he put them out to make it easier, and to make the boy shut his damn trap. "There yah go, boy." He handed the glass to Topher and sat on his chair, watching him. "We'll get ya'll cleaned up in a bit. Gonna need the wife tah help get them suds just right."

Olivia could easily sense that Hank wasn't going to leave them alone, and though she was afraid and upset, she looked down at the mans legs. "I think I am a little hungry." She confessed, though in reality she was, only she was too afraid to eat his food anymore. "If..it's n-not too much trouble." Her voice was low and meek, afraid of him and afraid of the plan that Topher had, but at least now he could spill out some drink, pass the glass to her and she could do the same, making it look like they'd each had some of the beverage.

Hank watched Olivia closely, but finally nodded. "Chicken alright with you, girly?"

"Yes sir." Came the nervous reply.

The man reluctantly got up and moved again to the small kitchen off the living area the two were bunked in.

Free from Hank for the moment, Olivia looked to Topher. "Go on." She urged softly, not sure how he planned to get them out of there. Their legs were both broken, and Olivia could hardly move due to her other injuries. She was sure it was the same for Topher, though he seemed stronger somehow.

Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 7:40 pm

"Thanks Hank I appreciate it." Topher nodded and took the glass from the man and looked up at him, listening to Olivia asking for some chicken he was already tipping the glass back to his lips. He pursed his lips so that the liquid couldn't move into his mouth but only splashed across his upper lip and when he moved the cup away he had a chocolate milk mustache. He gave a refreshed 'aaah' sound like it just quenched his thirst and then watched Hank leaving the room. His eyes averted to Olivia and looked around for a second trying to find somewhere to spill the milk so it wasn't so obvious. "Okay um.. let's just.. I'll just do this." He tipped the glass again letting some of the milk hit the front of his shirt. If only there was something cloth lying around that he could soak the milk into he didn't care he'd lay on it if he had to so that it was concealed.

He leaned towards Olivia, pressure going onto his bad arm and he had to suck in a sharp breath so that he wouldn't let out his pain verbally. "Put some on your lips and then spill some. And if you can break the food up into smaller pieces so it looks like its getting smaller. Drop some or hide some in your hand if you have to. I used to hate chicken when I was a kid and did it all the time when my mom made me eat it." He instructed of her.

"Liv I know you're scared.. I mean I think there's something weird about these people too. Who the hell lives in the middle of nowhere and tries to mend people themselves? I'm worried they're going to screw up the way we're healing." He knew if his legs didn't heal right he wouldn't be able to play football. Shit he probably missed a couple of practices already! God damnit! He cursed in his head since he knew no matter what the situation Olivia would probably get upset if he took 'the lord's name in vain.' "I'm starving.. ugh we've got to get out of here."

Topher then grew quiet trying to listen for Hank, unsure if he was heading back in yet or not but wanting to make sure Olivia spilled some of the damn milk first! He didn't want to be knocked out for another couple of days he was too hungry and his throat felt dry he needed water not some fucking milk.

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:54 pm

She took the glass and tipped some onto her lips as Topher had done, taking his instructions. The glass was still mostly full though. Where the hell was she going to dump it? In a last minute decision she picked her pillow up and poured some of it there, knowing it would start to stink like crazy in a couple of days, but with any luck they would be long gone by then. Even if they did get out of there, who the hell knew how far the closes road or town was? They really did seem to be out in the middle of nowhere out there, but then again she hadn't really seen the outside of the cabin yet. he window! She took the bottom of the curtain by her cot and dipped it into the milk, which absorbed most of what was left.

"I don't think I can walk." She told him honestly. "We have no idea where we are, no phones, no nothing!" They couldn't get far, and Hank would realize they were gone before they could escape anywhere.

Hank came back with chicken on a sandwich. He had no idea how to put the drugs in just the chicken without it tasting funny, so he put it in the mayo again, placing the plate on the girls stomach so she could eat from it. "Thought you'd like it better that way." He looked to the glass in her hand and then her. "You didn' tell me you was thirsty."

She looked at the sandwich and then Hank. "He didn't want it all." She lied putting the almost empty glass down. She wiped her lips with the back of her hand and reached for the sandwich, touching it.

Hank gave her a funny look but then nodded. The boy was settling her down, that was for sure. He turned and moved to the chair, plopping down. "So where'd ya'll say you was from?" He asked, waiting out the sleep. It was a nice break from the daily chores.

Liv ripped off a piece of sandwich and hid it under the pillow with the milk when Hank turned away from her. "Las Vegas." She said softly, looking over at Topher and not wanting to give too much information.

"Vegas." He repeated and gave a chuckle. "Never been out that way. Maybe someday ya'll can show me around." His smile was wide and toothy, knowing it would never happen. "Always wanted tah see them lights."

Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:06 am

Topher watched Olivia handling the glass of milk and was glad to see she was able to get rid of the rest of it, feeling the liquid soaking into the front of his shirt making the fabric stick to his chest which was uncomfortable and he really wished he could get washed up.

When Hank came back Topher offered a grin to him and watched him give the sandwich to Olivia. "Hey man thanks a lot that was really good." He told him and his eyes moved to look over at Olivia. At the mention of Las Vegas his attention went back to Hank and he nodded his head. "Sure just let us know when you come to the city we'll give you the grand tour." He told him knowing that it would never happen.

He let out a long yawn since he'd been sleeping so much and let his body relax and loosen up a bit. He tried to wiggle and move his toes and attempted to move his feet a little bit without making it conspicuous what he was doing. "There's something about milk it just makes me so tired." He mumbled and turned his head so he was looking over at Olivia, wondering if they would be able to pull off pretending they were asleep and just how long they could lay still. He was getting cabin fever and needed to get off that damn cot. It wasn't very comfortable. Maybe when Hank went to bed he could try and move, maybe even find something to use as a weapon just in case. He hoped so.

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Olivia despised the way Topher spoke to Hank. She knew now he was doing it simply to stay on his good side, believing at least that they were being drugged. She let out a big yawn and continued to pretend to eat, hiding chunks of food in her fist until she could slid them under the pillow when Hanks eyes moved away from her.

"Milk'll do that." Hank agreed, taking a deep breath and relaxing a little, glad that the kids were calming down. No trouble with the wife tonight! He kept an eye on the girl for a long moment, thinking about her. He wondered what 'Retta would do with her. She wasn't nothin' special, just an average face. The boy wasn't too bad, either. They would probably end up being her greatest pieces yet.

Olivia felt Hanks eyes on her, and for a short while she looked back, but she didn't like the way his eyes bore into her, studying her. He made her tingle with uncomfortable feelings. Instead she put the sandwich down and looked across at Topher. She paid attention to his cues, watching him start to fall asleep and she followed his lead. Her eyes grew droopy, she yawned again, and finally allowed her eyes to shut.

It didn't take long until the pair were out cold again. Hank sat with them for a while, and with a heavy sigh he finally got up. He moved between the cots and looked down at each one separately, as the sound of the chopper sounded overhead again. His eyes moved to the ceiling; the kids were being looked for. It wouldn't be long til' someone came knocking on their doors. Hank nodded and slowly made his way from the room and out the front door. First things first, he had to get the wood finished.

Olivia waited as patiently as she could, doing her best to breath evenly while Hank was so close. It wasn't until she heard the familiar creak of the door and the footsteps leading away from the house that she opened her eyes again. It had worked! She let out a breath of relief and looked at the boy across from her. "Now....we just wait?" She asked him nervously, knowing they wouldn't get far now.

Back to top Go down
WhiskeyMod

WhiskeyMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Topher remained as still as he possibly could but he could sense Hank close to him and his hand began to twitch. When you had to tell your body not to move that was when it decided it wanted to move the most. The twitching in his hand stopped though when he knew Hank moved away from him and keeping his breathing shallow wasn't difficult since he'd been asleep so long he still had enough sleep in him to keep himself looking like he was actually passed out cold.

When he heard Hank walk away he waited a few more minutes just to be sure and then peeked an eye open just when Olivia started talking to him again. His eyes watched the entrance to the room they were kept in intensely as if he were just expecting someone to magically appear in the doorway and catch them. But when nobody showed he knew they could relax if only just for a few minutes. "Alright. Let's just try to act like we're sleeping until they go to bed. When they're asleep we'll try to break out of here and find some help. There has to be a road or something around here." Topher explained to his girlfriend and shifted his weight on his cot a bit, although it was his bad arm that was closest to Olivia he didn't care; he used it to reach over and take her hand. He sucked in a sharp breath of pain but then let his fingers curl around hers to show that he was there with her. "Hey.. it's going to be okay. I'll get us out of here alright?" He assured her and offered a little smile to show that it would all be fine.

"I think its weird that he's drugging us so I get why you're scared. I don't know maybe you do know something I don't but I know that regular people don't drug you the way he is apparently." He still couldn't believe it had been days. "I wish we had our phones." He muttered, wondering if Josh even noticed he was gone. Him and Josh didn't spend as much time together these days since he was dating Olivia. Apparently Topher was turning into too nice of a guy for Josh. Right now he was wishing he'd at least played a round of horse with him before leaving.. "We'll be alright.." He said again softly, more to herself than to her.

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:56 am

------------end------------

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]   Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asleep or Awake...It's Still A Nightmare [Topher/Liv]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Diablo Forum :: CHOOSE YOUR WORLD :: Las Vegas Forum-
Jump to: