Diablo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo Forum

Living in sin is the new thing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  Empty
PostSubject: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 am

- Color Limited -

Marissa gasped for air as her eyes shot open, the girl sat up from her bed and looked over to see that it was still dark through her window. The only light she could see was the lamp post that was positioned outside the wimbly home. Branches were lightly scratching the surface of her window and the friction actually made her wince. The female moved her hair out of her face and tucked her bangs behind her head, as she did so she could feel her body drenched from cold sweat. What was she even dreaming about? The more she thought about it, the harder it was to recall.

The girl placed her hand to her neck, almost as if something was missing from it only to feel nothing. She never had a necklace.. or did she? Something felt off, something.. important? Either or, Marissa wasnt able to sleep so she quietly got up from her small 10x10 bedroom and peaked her head out of the wimbly halls.

Her brows furrowed slightly at the dark halls, she knew that everyone was asleep by now and she didnt want to alarm anyone. Especially Mrs. Wimbly, after the person came in and tried to attack she seemed to be awfully jumpy. Marissa bit her lip and felt her body levitating, with ease she floated down the hall and stairs. Once she got to the kitchen the female lowered herself back onto the ground and reached to flick the lights on. The kitchen was clean, it was always clean since it was a chore that needed to be done. People took turns and last night it was Brians job to do it, so its not a surprise that it was Leahs turn next .

Marissa pulled up a chair and sat down, her eyes fixed on the salt and pepper shaker on the table as she frowned. There was somthing wrong, but she couldnt put her finger on it! What was it that was making her feel so... lonely? She wasnt lonely, she had Kota, her church.. the wimbly home...and even Brian. Still, there was a feeling inside that made her tear up and before she could even realize it the girl felt a small stream fall from the side of her cheek.
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Wings. Her sister had wings. Her sister could -fly-! Alyssa had changed so much since Poppy had seen her over Christmas, and it was Alyssa who ended up saving her but in the worst way. Her father was dead and her sister forbade her to call her mother. She was missing, but she wasn't really. She was right there in the Wimbly House, sitting on the couch, unable to sleep as usual. At night she stayed up late and sometimes she would fall asleep, other times it wouldn't be until everyone in the house was bustling around that she was able to find solace and sleep.

Sometimes people disturbed her at night. Brian talked to her sometimes. He sat outside a lot at night, staying up extra late, making plans for his future. Poppy smiled thinking about some of the secrets he'd shared about places he wanted to go and things he wanted to do...it all sounded excited, but even she could see he was unsure if he would be able to make his own dreams come true now that most of his family was gone, and it was easy to see his sister sometimes held him back. Her eyes moved towards the window, knowing he was out there already. She stared for a minute, ignoring the book in her lap, until she saw a light from around the corner flick on. Funny, she hadn't heard the footsteps coming downstairs. Her eyebrows crunched together in curiosity, her lips pursing lightly as she strained her neck to try and see who it was, but the view of the kitchen from there was practically nil.

Slowly the small girl got up from her spot on the couch, placing the book down beside where she had been sitting and slowly made her way towards the kitchen. She used gentle stops, cautious as she checked for danger. Poppy recognized the long dark hair; it looked like it could be Marissa. She didn't like the other dark long haired girl as much. Brian's sister could be really sarcastic sometimes.

"Hi." She said sheepishly, gripping the corner of the doorway as her face half peaked around, not wanting to startle the girl. They were supposed to be quiet at night, and she didn't want her to scream! Poppy licked her lips and took another cautious step closer, allowing more of herself to be seen in the light. "Did you have a nightmare?"
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:49 pm

-color limited-

Marissa wasnt really focusing on anything, her eye sight was fixed passed the table she was staring at and when she heard a soft voice behind her the girl gasped lightly and turned to see one of the newest girls there. Almost instantly, her lips curved into a soft friendly smile. " What are you doing up so late?" The girl asked gently as she got up from her seat and started to make her way towards the cabinets.

"did you want a snack?" Marissa asked, her hand already reaching for the cupboard with the glasses. The refridgerator looked as if it opened by itself and not a moment too soon the jug of milk floated out and was placed on the counter. From the other side, the cookie jar lid started to spin as a couple of chocolate chip cookies that Mrs. Wimbly made herself floated out and made its way towards a floating plate that the girl was easily concentrating on. If Poppy denied it, it was alright because Marissa could use a snack right about now.

"..and.. y-yeah. well, I think it was" Marissa admitted, not caring that the girl she was talking to was significantly younger. Sometimes, the young minds were the ones that had the answers. " I dont remember what it was.. but, I know it was bad enough to wake me." The girl made sure to keep the smile on her face as she poured the milk into the cup. Afterwards, the jug floated back into the fridge and the door closed right behind it properly.

" ..what about you sweetie? Did you have a bad dream too? Or .. do you have trouble sleeping?" Marissa made her way back to the table and sat down, her brown eyes moving over to see if Poppy would join her.
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Poppy stayed in her spot at the door, her dusty blue eyes roaming as the magic occurred in the kitchen. It was like in those Harry Potter movies but real! Her lips parted a little in amazement, the snack preparing itself, the fridge opening. It truly was magic and Poppy truly was captivated. She wished she could do all that.

It took her a moment to even register that Marissa was talking to her, though she knew the other girl was the one doing all of the wizard stuff. Finally she let her eyes land back on Marissa as she began telling her about the dream, or better yet unable to tell her about the dream.

She was guarded as she slowly moved into the full light. She had no problem with the other girl, and once upon a time she had been a bright, energetic child, but recent circumstances stripped her of those innocent qualities that made her act the way she was and turned her into a scared child, so similar to how her sister had once been. Only Poppy was stronger than Alyssa had been as a girl. Perhaps because she had learned confidence before the trauma began.

“I hate nightmares.” She admitted in her young voice as she scooted into one of the chairs, eyes on Marissa. She hesitated before finally reaching for a cookie and nibbling on it. She shook her head when asked if she herself had had one, though. “No.” She answered in her usually quiet voice, pulling the edge of the cookie off and pushing it between her lips and letting it sort of melt on her tongue for a second. “Sometimes… sleep doesn’t work at night.” She explained, trying to find the best way to describe what she was feeling. “I sleep better when everyone’s awake. So I sometimes stay up super duper late.” She gave Marissa a nervous look, wondering if she would try and lecture her about it. She knew she wasn’t supposed to do that. People weren’t supposed to be nocturnal, but scary bed time stuff seemed less scary if you were already awake.

She pursed her lips and shrugged her shoulders. “Centipedes are the worst.” She explained. “For nightmares. Sometimes I get this nightmare that there’s a real big centipede in my bed with me, and all his yucky little legs are touching me all over.” She cringed thinking about it. “I can’t scream, though. The centipede has poison and he’ll poison me if I scream. Maybe you had that one.” She shook her head, taking another bite of her cookie. “Centipedes are the worst.” She repeated, a look of disgust crossing her face.

Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:33 pm

-color limited-

The young girl furrowed her brows softly from the talks of centipedes and how they were the 'worst'. She wondered if Poppy had some kind of bad experience with insects, especially since she was so young. It only made sense right? Still, Marissa didnt judge her. Everyone had their own fears, their own weakness that they would have to learn to over come. Marissa was her father, but now that she was far off from where she used to live everything would be alright, well at least she hoped it would be.

" You dont like bugs?" The girls expression softened as another smile grew, Marissa allowed a small giggle to leave her lips while she watched Poppy nibble on her cookie. " I dont like bugs either " Marissa admitted and scrunched her nose playfully. " theyre little and they have these little creepy crawler atennas. it gives me the jitters!"

The girl sighed afterwards and reached to help herself to some of the cookies on the plate and took a small bite, the sweet taste making her feel slightly better. " ...do you ever feel like, theres something missing in your life? " Marissa asked, knowing that the young girl probably hadnt the clue. in a way, the girl just wanted to have someone to talk to. " ..like, you dont know what it is, but without it.. it doesnt make you feel complete? "

Marissa snorted and shook her head, realizing how stupid it sounded. " Thats silly though, isnt it? I mean.. if you dont know what it is, how are you going to miss it?" She peaked over the young girl and moved to lightly brush her bangs behind her ears. Poppy just got here, so she knew that the registration for her schooling was probably still in the process.

" ..did Mrs. Wimbly tell you when your going to go to school? If you want, I can get up with you every morning and I'll walk you there." Marissa offered and tilted her head to the side slightly.
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:45 am

Poppy had to think about it. She didn't hate bugs per se, but she didn't exactly like them either. She liked some, though. "I like ladybugs." She countered sweetly, ticking off the bugs she actually liked in her head. "I like caterpillars and lightning bugs and fireflies... I like those roly poly bugs! You poke em and they curl into little balls!" She grinned at the thought. They were always hiding under rocks. "Snails are cute, too!" She didn't hate bugs! Spiders were icky but they were good.

The girl sucked in her bottom lip, resting her chin on the table and watching Marissa talk. She was kind, and in some ways reminded her of her older sister. Sad, scared, alone... "I sometimes miss certain things, or...I miss the way I want things to be 'cause that's not the way it is." It sounded confusing as it came out of her mouth, but she didn't really know how to explain it properly. "Like... like I want my dad to be like..." She gulped. Her dad was dead. He scared her, and in a way she was sort of glad he was gone, but she didn't want him dead. "I miss how my family was supposed to be. They were never what I wanted, and I miss that." She knew miss wasn't the right word but it was the only way in her childs mind she could thing to describe it. She mourned the way things had turned out, but she missed something she never had, which was sort of relevant to what the older girl was saying.

Poppy's eyes darted down as Marissa brought up school. She didn't want to start school. Not because she didn't like school; quite the opposite. School had always been an escape for Poppy, but her grades began to decline as her home life did, and she suffered at the hands of annoyed teachers when she fell asleep during their lessons. "I have to start on Monday." She said glumly. "And you can walk with me if you like. I just get real tired at school." She didn't want to change the routine. "Teachers don't like when you're sleepy."

The backdoor slid open and Brian stood there, his eyes widening in surprise. He'd seen Poppy earlier, they'd spoken for a few minutes, but he went out back to enjoy the cool Autumn air. He hadn't expected to see Marissa, though.

"What're you doing up?" He asked in a voice just barely above a whisper. He stepped inside and shut the sliding door slowly, locking it behind him and moving to the table, picking a cookie up. He smiled at the smaller girl, ruffling her hair before taking a cookie from the plate. She was his midnight buddy; Poppy was always down there when he came to read. "You waking people up now, shortstack?"

"No." She shot back playfully offering a big grin. "Marissa had a nightmare." She confessed and looked at the older girl, hoping it was okay. "But she doesn't remember it."

"Ooh, missing nightmare." He nodded as if this was a baffling case indeed, rubbing his chin. "Know what makes nightmares better? Milk and honey. And hugs." He chuckled softly, eating about a third of his cookie in one bite.
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:11 am

-color limited-

Marissa gave a small scoff of surprise by Poppys response. The bug comment about her liking other insects made the girl smile at the fact that Poppy didnt judge others. That was a trait Marissa really liked and if it werent for this evening she wouldnt have discovered it until probably later on. " Your right" She responded with a look of awe. " ..not every bug is gross is it? Thank you for reminding me that"

It was then that she determined that even the innocent children still had lessons to teach, all you had to do was listen to them. The girl leaned on her hand as she propped her elbow on the table, the young girl was more than content on listening to everything Poppy had to say. Still, her smile slowly faded when she talked about her father; Marissa only wished the same. To have a normal family, she could remember when things were normal; her mother was still alive. But her smile returned when Poppy mentioned school. " yeah, its tough. especially if its something you dont really like. When I was in school? I really didnt like math.. out of all the subjects, that was the hardest for me! But you know what my favorite was? " Marissa waited for Poppy to respond before letting out another giggle. " Music class. I loved singing.. I wasnt as good as the others but~ I really had a good time doing it and as long as you enjoy it thats all it really matters."

When Marissa heard another voice call out she peaked behind her and gave Brian a look of surprise. " ..what are you doing up?" Marissas expression brightened considerably before she peaked back over at Poppy. She didnt mind that she told him about the nightmare since it was after all true.

" Thats funny, I thought it was milk and cookies that helped with nightmares." Marissa teased and glanced over at the male her age. " but I think hugs help alot too~ maybeee if... " The girl got up from her seat and playfully made her way around Poppys seat. " I take one!!" Marissa opened her arms and hugged the small girl from behind and laughed, she wiggled her around softly before pulling away to move her own dark bangs behind her ears. " Dont stay up too late okay sweetie? " The girl called out before looking over towards Brian, her facial expression now fading to something slightly serious. She gestured for Brian to follow before making her way out of the kitchen and to the hallway.

Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  Marissasig
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:32 pm

"Cookies make you feel better, but they won't help you fall back asleep." Brian replied matter of factly as Marissa made her way around to hug Poppy. He wasn't exactly expecting a hug himself, even if he wanted one from the girl. "Maybe I had a nightmare, too.." He said a little playfully.

"You did not!" Poppy laughed, feeling Marissa's arms around her. She didn't cringe, she didn't shy away...and for a moment she was Poppy again. The Poppy she had been a year ago. The hug was comforting and it made her miss her sister. Alyssa would hug her, but rarely did she feel the other girls touch. She could easily feel Marissa's hand on her bare arms and she sighed contently at the gesture. How she'd needed that. "I won't." She lied to the older girl, offering a soft smile as she watched Marissa walk off, beckoning Brian to follow. Big kid talk. She was still too little for big kid talk. She sat in the kitchen for a moment, feeling sad that she was alone again, but there was solace in being alone. She moved away from the table and shut the light, going back to her spot on the couch in the other room. She had a book to read.

Brian was a little surprised when Marissa gestured for him to follow. It was obvious something was on her mind, but he didn't know what. He waved to Poppy before following, his book still tucked under his arm. "You alright?" He asked in just barely above a whisper as he caught up, walking right beside her. He wondered what Leah would do if she found out he was comforting Marissa. His sister didn't seem to care much for this girl, and Brian had a feeling it was because he sort of liked her and Leah knew it. He loved his bratty sister, but sometimes she was just mean.
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 pm

-color limited-

Marissa glanced over to give Poppy another comforting smile before trailing off into the hallway, once she was out there she leaned her back against the walls and absent mindedly stared at the pictures of kids who used to live in the wimbly home. It was obvious that both Mr. and Mrs. Wimbly cared about the people they took care of and Marissa was nothing but thankful. There were still good hearted people in the world and the Wimblys was proof.

It wasnt long before Brian joined her and when he came in the girl wrapped her own arms around her body and felt her lips offering a sad sort of smile. "...it happened again." Marissa whispered, her expression now looking concerned. Why she looked concern only added stress since she had no idea why she was feeling like this to begin with!

" Brian, I dont think it's normal that I'm ~ " The girl choked up and felt her own arms tightening around her, longing for someone to hold her and comfort her. " You remember when we were just talking...outside? looking at the stars and out of nowhere I just~ I dont know it feels like theres something missing. I dont know what, I knew I probably wouldnt be acting like this. I just... dont like feeling like I'm crazy you know?" Marissa felt her eyes tearing up again but the girl was able to hold it in.

" I dont know what to do... " The girl glanced up, wondering if Brian thought she was crazy. If she was in his shoes she would, there was no reasonable explanation to why she was having emotional break downs!
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:18 pm

His heart went out to her and he frowned when she spoke. He wished he could somehow offer solace, but he didn't know how. He didn't know how to make her remember whatever she had forgotten.

"Maybe.." He offered softly, clearing his throat and hugging his book to his stomach, afraid to actually reach out and hold the sad girl instead, "You're not supposed to remember." He offered, giving a nervous look her way. "I mean, sometimes the brain blocks out traumatic things. Maybe...it realizes it's blocking something there, yah know? Maybe it's better you don't remember. Maybe the truth will hurt too much." He didn't want her to hurt, though it was apparent she was hurting now.

He reached out, rubbing her arms in a friendly, comforting motion. "Maybe you could call your friend from camp? Kota? You guys are really close, aren't you?" He'd met the boy a few times. Kota seemed really protective of her, but he wasn't sure if he would be able to help. "Or maybe...shoot...the girl? Kelsey, right?" He shrugged, not sure if she'd already done so.

He pulled his hand back and sighed. "I wish I could help more. I...just don't know how." He gave her an apologetic look and turned his head towards the front of the house. "Do you wanna go outside for awhile? Or...I could let you sleep?" The boy licked his lips, looking back to Marissa. "I don't want to wake the Wimbleys."
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 pm

-color limited-

Marissa kept her gaze low, the things Brian said seemed to make sense. If she was ment to remember it, then it would be there right? She had read and heard about the brain blocking out traumatic things, but she didnt think that she would be a victim of that condition. She had mentioned it to Kota a couple of times, but what he said was exactly what Brian said.. or closer to that extent. Marissa had talked to Kelsey before about the odd images and dreams that she had but even her closest friend told her that it was nothing to worry about. All these people, telling her the exact same thing; so it was only natural to believe them.. right? The realization settled in, but there was still apart of her that didnt want to let this go. What was it that made her so emotional?

When Brian offered to go outside she glanced up and gave another sad smile. "..id like that." Marissa whispered, her arms still hugging her body as she turned down the hall and slowly kept pace with the other boy until they got to the front door. The locks unlocked almost magically but truth be told it was the female who was controlling that; once it was unlocked the door opened quietly for both of them to leave.

" ...thanks for listening at least" Marissa added and peaked over towards Brian, wondering if he thought she was crazy. " you know, Ive.. well unfortunetly the people here dont really have a happy story since, well you know.. it is a safe home. But even when I was back home? There were times where it wasnt that bad. I'm not gonna say that I miss it, its just.. its weird trying to move on. Maybe, I'll get a job soon... the wimbly home is nice but, I dont think I'm going to be staying here my whole life you know? Its kind of a stepping stone. " She peaked behind her and watched as they strolled out of the safe house, her arms still around her to keep her warm from the october winds. " maybe find a small apartment? If I'm lucky.. nice room mates. Preferably ones that dont snore too loud." The girl giggled and scrunched her nose playfully. " Do you ever think about that kind of stuff Brian? How your life is going to be in a couple years or so? maybe even dream about having a family? "

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:29 am

The cool air felt nice on his face, as it had not long before when he'd been sitting outside. He kept an eye on Marissa, nervous about the way she was acting and unsure still how to comfort her. She seemed beyond comforting, which disturbed him a bit. Why did he suck so much at it? He realized he didn't, but the fact that he had a crush on the girl made it difficult to know just how to act with her. Leah's words rang in his head, too. She didn't like him, she wouldn't like him...no one would probably like him and no one knew that better than his twin sister. Leah was mean sometimes, but there was truth behind her words; he was uncrushable. No one would ever crush back on him.

Brian didn't know the extent of what happened to Marissa prior to her coming there. He knew her dad was a jerk and her mom wasn't around, but that was about it. He couldn't help but grow sad at her questions. Of course he'd thought about all of that stuff. Sometimes, it's all he thought about.

"I'd really like a family." He admitted quietly as if he were still roaming the halls of the Wimbly house and had to keep his voice down. "I want to leave the Wimbly House. Not because I don't like it!" He defended, not wanting the girl to get the wrong impression of his intentions. "I love it here, but it's not my home. Like you said, it's just a stepping stone, a really nice one, but a stepping stone none the less. I'd like to take classes. Maybe become an English professor or something, or a teacher... anything where I can read and study a lot." He licked his lips knowing just how dorky he was. "I'd like a girlfriend someday.." He added bashfully, his cheeks flushing as his eyes stayed forward.

Brian bit his lip and peaked at Marissa for a half a second before looking away. "Leah's my concern, now. I have to take care of her, and we have to stay together. I love my sister, but... sometimes... sometimes its a little bit of a burden." His eyes were pleading as he looked at Marissa. "Please don't ever tell her I said that! I don't want her to think she's a burden to me, really, I'm happy to stay with her, just... I want my own life, too. I can't have that now. All my family's dead." He'd cried plenty, and admitting the truth now only made him sad. "I don't even think I could get a girlfriend. Even if I found someone who wanted to date me, Leah would never let me. She'd think I was replacing her or something. I'm all she has. She acts like a bitch, but it's just how she copes. She's really not always so bad." The boy sighed, wanting so many things for himself, but he was trapped where he was. At least for the time being.

"What about you. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:39 am

- Color limited -

Marissa kept quiet the whole time Brian was speaking, her ears open to everything he said. She liked hearing peoples plans, especially those she particulary cared about. Brian welcomed her to the Wimbly home when she first got there, sure she was nervous but he was the first person to make her feel like she belonged. Marissa still didnt know what she did exactly to make Leah hate her, but it was something she accepted. All the girl could do was be friendly and hopefully one day Leah would see that she wasnt as a bad as she thought.

" Thats sounds like a great life Brian" the girl responded back, her body shivering slightly from the cold breeze. " and what are you talking about getting a girlfriend? You could easily get one if you wanted. " Marissa defended and allowed her eyes to watch her feet as she walked. " Your a total catch , your smart.. and sweet...and cute.. " The girl shrugged and felt her cheeks turning pink.

"~and dont worry, I wont mention any of this to Leah. I've been there long enough to see her reaction to everything. I just hope that your sister would like your future girlfriend too. " She glanced over at the boy and smiled again. " You deserve to be happy..and so does everyone in the wimbly home. Especially your sister, I know she doesnt like me much but~ I wish nothing but happiness for her in the future. "

The girl let out a small sigh and returned her gaze back to the pathway her and Brian were walking, his question lingering for a moment as she thought about it. " You know, I dont really know.. I mean besides the obvious. Hopefully a good paying job... A family is nice yes, but dont you think 5 years is kind of rushing that?" Marissa giggled and stole another glance at Brian.

" ..but you know what does sound nice? Someone.. who would care for me too. Maybe I'll find someone who will comfort me when I need to be. Talk to me about things that would make me wonder." Her eyes trailed to the beautiful stars above them. " they would take me by the hand and walk with me, nowhere in particular.. but the fact that we're together would be enough. Maybe, someone to share all the things I care about? "

Marissa returned her attention back to her friend, her hand moving to move her bangs behind her ear once more as she let out a small laugh. " Sorry, I didnt mean to girl talk. Kelsey ? my friend back home? we would always stay up on the phone girl talking. "

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:07 am

He blushed at her compliments. A catch? Him? She was being nice because that's just how Marissa was; nice. No girl really wanted to date him, and he was sort of okay with that, for now anyway.

"You know, you don't need a boyfriend to have all that." He said slowly, giving her a sidelong glance. "I care about you... I can comfort you and talk about things that make you wonder." He licked his lips and nervously reached for her hand, taking it gently in his own. "Friends can do this kind of stuff. And...I think we're friends." It was all done in innocence. Brian hoped she wouldn't feel threatened by the gesture or feel like he was trying to make this out of something it wasn't. He genuinely wanted to show support and wanted her to feel better. She had a rough night and a rough life. If being there for her would make her feel better, he'd happily do it.

"You never have to worry about me and girl talk. I have a twin sister, I know way too much about everything female." He said with a little laugh, feeling her hand warm up a little in his. "I'm just one of the girls." His face turned to meet hers and he smiled her way. "Maybe you could call Kelsey, though. It's got to be like....6:30 in the morning there now." He thought about it before shaking his head, "Actually, maybe you should wait for morning."

Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  Briansig

Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:30 am

- color limited -

She was surprised by Brians answer and when the boy reached to hold her hand the girl all of a sudden felt butterflies in her stomach. Marissa lowered her gaze to their fingers intertwining and the female couldnt help but feel another smile growing. " ..your right Brian" The girl swallowed and felt her body relaxing as they walked hand in hand. She playfully swung their hands gently back and forth every step they took together.

The two turned a corner and across the way Marissa could see the empty elementry school that Poppy would be going to on monday. Her brows furrowed slightly as an idea slipped into her head.

" ..come with me." Marissa said suddenly before she started to jog across the street, her hand still holding onto Brians. The girl laughed a little, a rush of adrenaline passing through her body at the thought of them trespassing the school grounds. There were worst things you could do, but this one seemed to be what Marissa considered harmless.

It wasnt long before the two got to a linked fence, on the other side was an empty playground that the kids would play in. They were in the back part of the school, the area was used for P.E and recess and the only thing that was stopping them was a gate that had a lock to keep people off the private property. Marissa eyed the lock, her brows furrowing once more and not a moment too soon a CLICK could be heard. The girl carefully reached to pull the lock off and opened the gate so both her and Brian could come in. " ..this way" Marissa whispered, her heart racing at the thought being caught.

The girl ran to the playground with Brian still within her grasp, it took them a minute but they finally reached the playground. Marissa stepped onto the platform and started to climb up where the slide was, she gestured for Brian to sit down . Once he did, she lowered herself to lean her back against his chest so they would both look up at the stars with a content smile on her face.

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:19 am

Brian wasn't expecting Marissa to pull him anywhere, but a dumb sort of smile played over his lips as she tugged him across the street. "Where are we going?" He asked with a laugh, but she soon answered his question without so much as saying a word. Her hand felt good in his, though. He couldn't remember ever really holding anyone but Leah's hand, or maybe his parents when he was a boy.

He watched as the locked gate swung open, chuckling a little as she pulled him inside the forbidden playground. They would get in trouble for this! But who would catch them? Who cared, it was just a playground. Not like any kids were using it at the moment!

When they got to the slide, he gave Marissa a curious look as she gestured for him to sit, but he sat down, a little surprised when she snuggled her way between his legs. A warm smile slid over his lips as she leaned into him and he hesitantly wrapped his arms around her stomach as he leaned back on the slide to look at the stars.

She felt warm and heavy on him, but he loved the way it felt. In fact, he couldn't remember ever feeling so physically close to someone before, and for a moment he forgot it was the girl he was crushing on.

"Have you ever heard the story about the boy who put the stars in the sky?" He asked softly, watching his breath curl lightly in the cool air. He looked down at the top of Marissa's head, smiling just a little. He could get used to the way she felt there, and he blushed a little at the thought. He hoped one day he could be with someone just like her.

Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:46 am

-color limited-

The girl easily settled within her friends hold, when Brian wrapped his arms around her stomach and pulled her closer she leaned to rest the back of her head on his shoulder and looked up to the same sky. " no? " Marissa responded with a curious look on her face, her head shifting over to the boy to give him attention.

" Tell me... " Marissa whispered, the two were close enough that even with a soft pitch her voice was completely audible. The girl kept her brown eyes on Brian, her stomach still fluttering in chest from how close they were. She pushed the feeling aside since she was comfortable, in fact Marissa kind of hoped that they would be able to do this again one evening. The feeling was nice, she was cared for and in this moment it felt like all her worries drifted away.

Her hand absent mindedly began to trail up and down Brians arm, her finger tips swirling about as she began to spell her name. Marissas shivers also went away since the two were so close and the girl happened to catch the fading scent of Brians body spray that lingered on shirt.

As the boy started his story, her eyes returned to the stars above them and almost instantly her lips curved into a bright smile. Vivid images of his words started to form in her head while she listened to Brians voice.

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:17 pm

Her fingertips made the hair on his arm stand on end. It was a sensation he'd never experienced before; a girl touching him so lovingly. It felt nice. "It all began long ago, when there was no such thing as stars." Brian started slowly as he looked up at the sky above them as all of the stars twinkled above. The story wasn't real, just a story he'd read once, but he liked it anyway.

"When night time came, the sky turned black. There were no pretty, twinkling lights for everyone to look at in the sky. Can you believe that? Well, neither could Andy. Andy was a boy who lived when there were no stars. He was a bit of a night owl, and he liked to stay up late at night. His mother always scolded him when he would fall asleep in his oatmeal at breakfast. But just the same, Andy loved walking around at night. One night about midnight, Andy got out of his warm bed, and snuck out of the house. He had to be quiet, because if his mother caught him he sure would get in trouble, but he made it out of the house and he began his midnight stroll. He liked to walk down to the lake and sit on the edge and listen to the frogs sing their loud songs while the water quietly lapped up against the shore line. But this night Andy felt a little restless. The frogs were singing the same song they always sang and he was getting bored." His eyes roamed down to look at Marissa while he continued the long story.

""I wish there was something to do!" He whined into the night as he heard something in the water. He leaned over to look in, wondering would could have made the noise but only saw his reflection. Suddenly, there was a SPLASH!" He threw his arms up for effect before wrapping them back around Marissa a little tighter, hugging her into him for a second with a squeeze before loosening his grip once more. "Something was staring back!"

""Who are you?" Andy whispered curiously. "Well, if you must know, I am Pierre, and I live in this lake." With eyes as wide as saucers, Andy asked, "What are you?" "I am a fish." The fish named Pierre said with an amused sort of laugh. "I didn't mean to offend you, Mr. Pierre, but I have never seen a fish talk before!" Andy tried to lean closer to the fish. "No offence taken. But I have a job for you. What did you say your name was?" questioned Pierre. "Andy." Said Andy.

Brian's thumbs moved up and down over her stomach absentmindedly as he recalled the story, making sure to change his voice slightly for each character, but not too dramatically. He wasn't sure he could let himself go that much in front of Marissa. ""Well, like I said I have a job for you." Said Pierre. "I have seen you almost every night come down here, and tonight I heard you say that you wished that there was something more you could do. Well, I'm here to tell you that you have the job and you can start right away." "Why, thank you, but what job are you talking about?" asked Andy. "Well, you have it now, and there is no getting out of it. You are going to get these awful star things out of my lake!" Pierre was starting to become a little upset. "I would be glad to help, but how will I get them out of your lake?" "How should I know!" Pierre yelled. "Use your imagination. You have a head on your shoulders! Ahhhhh!!! Here is one of those awful things now! Grab it!" Andy peered into the water, and he saw a faint light. It happened to be close to the shore, and he was able to grab it with his hands. He had never seen anything like it! It was a glittering yellow object, with five pointy sides." His hands occasionally moved to gesture, liking how it felt to tell such a silly story and no feel like a complete idiot.

""Wow!! I will take them out of the lake for you and keep them for myself!!" Andy was beginning to think of the wonderful presents he could make for his family. "No, no, no! You cannot do that! Once those stars are out of the water, they become very hot. Too hot to touch. Very soon, you will not be able to hold it!" warned the fish. "But what am I going to do with them?" "How should I know! Throw them into the sky for all I care!" With that, Pierre disappeared into the dark water. Holding the beautiful thing Pierre called a star, Andy had a wonderful idea. "I will throw them into the sky! I can make beautiful pictures to look at when I come down to the lake!" So, Andy began his work. It took him a few days to figure out how to get the stars out of that lake, but he did it. Every night for nearly five years Andy was down at that lake pulling the stars from out of the water with a lasso he made from an old rope. Once he pulled a star from the water, he would throw it with all of his might into the black, dark sky. At first, Andy was worried that people would see the stars when they woke up and not let him do it anymore. His fears vanished when he saw that the sun blocked the light from the stars he placed in the sky, making them invisible. So, every night he would work, making beautiful pictures that he could look at so he would not be bored at night."

Brian peered at the top of Marissa's head, turning his head just a little to the side. "So, the next time you're at a lake and Pierre the fish says he has a job for you, take it." Brian teased softly. "Maybe you'll change the world."

Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 4:14 am

- color limited-

When Brian started his story, the girl made sure to listen to it carefully. Not that she had any problems focusing since the boy made it VERY entertaining. The girl would giggle at the appropritate places and she even squeeled a bit when Brian suddenly burst from the 'splash' and hugged her closer. She scooted herself closer when he did that, her own expression filled with amazement on how Brian was telling her this simple yet inspiring story!

" Brian, that.. was the most amazing story anyones ever told me. " The girl admitted, her hand reaching for the boys arm and pulling it even closer so they were snuggled up tightly. Marissa moved to rest the side of her head on the boys shoulder, her brown eyes still locked on Brian as the stars twinkled above them.

" Your really good at telling stories, you know.. sometimes I read to the younger kids back at the safe house. Maybe you can help me with it one day? I.. think you and me would make a good team, dont you think?" The girl asked with a hopeful look, the side of her face brushing against the boys shirt as she closed her eyes. There seemed to be a permanent smile on her face after the story, the images of the fish and the boy throwing the stars in the sky playfully replaying in her head.

"...I could fall asleep like this " Marissa whispered, knowing that after her nightmare she would need some time before trying to go to sleep. However, Brian made her feel safe and wanted.. a feeling that she seemed to long for.
Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 4:55 am

He grinned at the compliment, glad she liked the story. He'd always thought it was a cute, fun story himself. He'd never had anyone to share it with though. It felt right with Marissa, though.. He had a feeling she would enjoy it and he wanted to share something fun with her on a night that she was feeling so unhappy. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." He tilted his head a little so he could look into her brown eyes, his heart fluttering and pounding in his chest like a butterfly playing the bongos.

His expression saddened when she mentioned reading to the kids. "I'd like that.." He started, and the came the "but..." He took a deep breath. "Leah has enough to tease me about without adding storyteller to the list. I know, I know, I shouldn't let her get to me. I don't always, but she has this way of rolling her eyes and making this horrible gagging noise anytime I do anything...girly." He had to laugh, running his hand over her side as he kept her warm, content with her being there on him under the stars on the cool night.

He watched her innocent form resting on his chest, her eyes shut peacefully. His heart went out to her; what as it she couldn't remember? How could he help her jog her memory? He played with the tips of her hair, thinking on how he could help this amazing girl wrapped in his arms. He smiled at the thought that she was there, and the view.

"You can if you want." He told her softly. "I'll stay awake."

Back to top Go down
FOXxXTrotMOD

FOXxXTrotMOD

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 5:14 am

- Color Limited -

Marissa allowed another soft giggle to escape her lips when Brian mentioned that Leah wouldnt let it down. She was only half teasing when she mentioned it, even though she thought it would be a cute idea she knew that her friend wouldnt do it in real life. Even though the girl tried her best not to judge, she couldnt help but wonder why Leah acted the way she did when Brian seemed to be the complete opposite. She figured she would eventually figure it out through time, but Brian seemed to be nothing like his sister!

The girl kept her eyes closed, when Brian mentioned about falling asleep Marissa was actually contemplating it, however the young woman knew that it probably wasnt the smartest idea. The thing was; she was so comfortable and relaxed in her friends arm.

"...maybe for a few minutes?" The girl rasped out and moved her own arms to wrap around the boys torso, she snuggled closer and gave a heavy sigh of conent. " maybe... 5 more minutes?" Marissa requested, her body relaxing even more as she started to doze off...

Back to top Go down
NovemberMod

NovemberMod

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:19 am

Brian watched as Marissa's eyes shut, trying to keep his arms wrapped tight around her so that he could keep her warm. He felt oddly protective of her there on that slide. Brian wasn't much of a protector, but he was loyal through and through. He knew Marissa could take care of herself, and also knew that if they were in danger, as they had been that night in the Wimbly House, that she would likely be the one doing all the protecting, but she looked so vulnerable and innocent there in his arms.

The boy sighed, wishing he could somehow make a difference in her life. Maybe in his own. His eyes wandered to the stars, looking at all the pictures Andy from his story had made when he threw the stars into the sky. He wished he could be like Andy. He wished he could make his mark on the world, make it better for people like him and Marissa and Leah and all the people of the Wimbly House and beyond.

If only he had a magic talking fish to consult.

He laid there a long time staring at the stars, his mind wandering from one topic to the next, content as he laid out there with the girl as his blanket. Without realizing it his eyelids began to grow heavy. He fought it for a while, but the sleep was too strong, taking him away from the world around him and putting him in a happier place; his mind.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )    Odd dreams  ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odd dreams ( Marissa, Brian, OPEN )
Page 1 of 1